Ananse Empowering professionals ANANSE is a R...
Location: Any of GHC’s offices: New York, US...
Big Plot for sale at Kigarama/Kicukiro @ 50M Rwf, ...
Kureba Amanota y'Ikizami cya Leta yasohowe na Rwan...
COM&C Ltd: Communication, Web and Comput...
Affordable/Cheap WEB HOSTING services for all size...
AUTO-ECOLE NYAMIRAMBO LTD - Main Branch: Driving S...
Director of Partnerships at GHC - CLOSE: 06/02/2017 Kigali
Director of Partnerships at GHC - CLOSE: 06/02/2017 Kigali
Location: Any of GHC’s offices: New York, USA; Kigali, Rwanda; Kampala, Uganda; Lusaka, Zambia OR Lilongwe, Malawi
Start Date: March 1, 2017
Global Health Corps
Global Health Corps (GHC) mobilizes a global community of emerging leaders to build the movement for health equity. GHC believes young leaders with diverse backgrounds and a deep commitment to collaboration, innovation, and social justice are going to revolutionize how the world tackles its toughest health challenges. We strongly believe our GHC community is the new breed of leaders that the world desperately needs.
Through a competitive recruitment process, we identify daring and innovativeuniversity graduates and early- to mid-career professionals from around the world and pair them with amazing partner organizations and government agencies in the US, East Africa, and Southern Africa. Our fellows spend a year in their placement devoting their unstoppable energy to making the world a healthier place for all people, everywhere. Whether they are working with a small grassroots organization like HIPS in Washington, DC to ensure sex workers have access to critical health services, or with the Ministry of Health in Zambia researching patient use of HIV testing and counseling, each fellow plays an essential role in the health equity movement.
Fellows come together five times a year for additional training, community building, leadership development, and mentorshipto become audacious, resilient, and highly-networked changemakers. Each one of our community members has the capacity to change the world – and many already are – and we are grateful to work closely with them to amplify their impact. Since its founding in 2009, GHC has supported nearly 740 fellows working at various levels of the health system, across issue areas and across continents, and our community gets stronger every year.
GHC recruits and selects organizations that excel in improving healthcare access and health outcomes for people in impoverished communities and marginalized populations. Additionally, our placement organizations prioritize health equity and social justice in their work; identify an area of need that would benefit from two or more energetic and innovative young leaders; have the capacity to supervise and support two or more new full-time staff and can contributetowards the cost of fellows.
Since our start in 2009, we have grown from 8 placement organizations to almost seventy for the 2016-2017 fellowship year. They range from small grassroots organizations to international NGOs like Partners in Health and CHAI to government agencies like the Ministry of Health in Uganda. The health issues they focus on are equally diverse and include maternal and reproductive health, malaria, HIV/AIDS, health systems strengthening and nutrition.
To date, we have received extremely positive feedback from our placement organizations who have found great value in having GHC fellows working on their programs. Specifically, 95% of our partners from the 2015-16 fellowship year said fellows met or exceeded goals of their work assignments and 78% said our fellows presented new or innovative ways of doing things.
The partnership recruitment and selection process is an intense process that requires an ability to work with Country teams to identify and vet organizations who can provide a meaningful experience for fellows and have the infrastructure and approach to health equity that aligns with GHC’s mission. It is an annual process which includes evaluating partnership renewals as well as new placement organizations. GHC plans toexpand placement organizations in all of our current countries as well as explore additional opportunities for growth within Africa and to other continents.
GHC is seeking aDirector of Partnershipsto join our growing global team in one of the GHC offices – New York, NY; Kigali, Rwanda; Kampala, Uganda; Lusaka, Zambia OR Lilongwe, Malawi. The past seven years have been full of exciting and rapid growth for GHC and we are seeking a mid-level professional to oversee the recruitment and selection of our fellow placement organizations.The goal of this position is to select a diverse, high impact set of organizations annually who align with GHC’s mission and can provide meaningful experiences for our growing classes of fellows.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a dynamic, global and fast-paced start-up environment where we are passionate about developing effective leaders, care deeply for our greater mission of health equity, and work hard to achieve results. S/he will bring a solution-oriented and client service mindset, demonstrating excellent attention to detail and a value for collaboration across a range ofteams, cultures, and time zones.
Strategic Review and Refinement of Placement Organizations Recruitment, Application and Selection
· Analyze placement organizationsprocesses to identify strengths, weaknesses and opportunities for refinement to systems, tools, and communications in order to maximize annual selection of GHC placement organizations
· Based on strategic review, design updated approach for placement organizations processes; ensure collaboration with country offices and relevant NY-staff
· Implement and rollout new processes and related use of technologies appropriate for low-resource settings
Create Annual Placement Organization Selection Strategy
· Based on projected growth and strategic vision, create annual strategy that identifies priority areas of growth which supports a diverse expansion across health issue areas, role responsibilities, types of organization and geographies.
· Scope new geographic countries and regions for placement organization opportunities
Recruit New Placement Organizations
· In coordination with country teams and aligned with annual strategy, identify and recruit potential placement organizations
· Have in-person meetings to vet and learn more about potential partnership opportunities; create relevant GHC materials to share
· Cultivate and maintain relationships with potential and existing partners
· Track and manage information about potential placement organizations
Manage Placement OrganizationApplication Process
· Based on refined application process, determine timing and organization requirements of application process, as well as use of relevant technologies
· Coordinate efforts with Communications team, Operations and Country Teams to allow for sharing of placement organization application, GHC website content, and technology needs
· Ensure country teams are kept in sync with application status through regular updates, reports, etc.
Oversee Placement Organization Selection Process
· Coordinate with Country Managers to select placement organizations based on specific set of criteria, including clear identified gap for fellows to fill, supportive supervisors, impactful work of organization and alignment with GHC’s mission
· Discuss and confirm positions with country teams to ensure diversity of roles across and within countries as well as manage quality and standardization of final descriptions required for posting
· Coordinate with country teams to finalize cost-sharing negotiations with selected placement organizations
Assessment and Data Analysis
· Coordinate with the Senior Vice President of Programs and Impact and Learning Manager to set goals and metrics for placement organization success
· Work with Impact and Learning Manager to continuously evaluate the effectiveness and impact of our placements
· Iterate on placement organization selection process and be flexible to changing needs based on assessment results
- 8-10 years of partnership development and management, preferably within sub-Saharan Africa
- Extremely competent and proven project manager; experience handling complex projects with multiple deadlines
- Relationship-oriented; ability to engage and build connections across cultures and backgrounds
- Familiarity with process re-design, including incorporation of technologies and approaches appropriate for low-resource settings
- Strategic; ability to conceptualize and plan for growth of placement organizations, including geographical expansion
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills – tracking deadlines, coordinating partnership processes across 5+ countries, while maintaining high quality standards
- Strong work ethic, resourcefulness and high level of professionalism
- Familiarity with public health field, particularly health NGOs in GHC countries
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice and passion for global health equity
- Ability to travel 20-25% of the timein East and Southern Africa as well as the US
How To Apply
To Apply for this job, please CLICK HERE
The listing is expired. You can't contact the publisher.
Agribusiness Manager at One Acre Fund / TUBURA, Kigali-Rwanda-CLOSE: 25/04/2017Management Jobs - Kigali (Nyarugenge) - 20/04/2017 Check with seller
Job Description: Agribusiness Manager Mbere na mbere abahinzi Industry: Non-profit/Agriculture Function: Management Employer:  ...
Director of Quality Assurance and Academic Registrar at INES-Ruhengeri, Rwanda- CLOSE:02/05/2017Management Jobs - Ruhengeri (Musanze) - 20/04/2017 Check with seller
Ruhengeri Institute of Higher Education (INES-Ruhengeri) believes that quality assurance in teaching and learning is a shared responsibility. Responsibilities for ensuring quality in teaching and learning in the institution reside in structural and o...
Social Empowerment Manager at WfWI - Rwanda, Kigali - CLOSE: 30/04/2017Management Jobs - Kigali (Nyarugenge) - 19/04/2017 Check with seller
Job Advertisement Social Empowerment Manager Kigali, Rwanda Purpose WfWI– Rwanda seeks a dynamic and experienced candidate for the position of Social Empowerment Manager (SE Manager). S/He will be...
|Please note that you should never be requested to pay to get interviews, paper for travelling, or to pass extra certifications etc...||Icyitonderwa:|
|Ugomba kumenyako nta narimwe ugomba kwishyura Amafaranga kugirango ubone akazi, cyangwa ngo woroherezwe kubona impapuro z'injyendo n'ibindi...||Details:|
|Price||Check with seller|