Auditor at Gisuma Coffee Koperative , Rusizi, Rwan...
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT Background Koperative Dufa...
Field Sales Person We are a manufacturing industry...
JOB OFFER P.O BOX 3473,KG 558 st, House #630, Nyar...
Big Plot for sale at Kigarama/Kicukiro @ 50M Rwf, ...
Kureba Amanota y'Ikizami cya Leta yasohowe na Rwan...
Affordable/Cheap WEB HOSTING services for all size...
COM&C Ltd: Communication, Web and Comput...
AUTO-ECOLE NYAMIRAMBO LTD - Main Branch: Driving S...
Program Coordinator Kigali
Program Coordinator Kigali
Educate! has a unique opening for a new role in our second country of operation. The Program Coordinator role provides an opportunity to apply your coordination skills, education expertise, and entrepreneurialism on a small team.
Educate! is a high-growth, award-winning education social enterprise. Our top priority as an organization is scaling in Uganda and expanding to new countries. In Uganda, we work in 10% of secondary schools, reaching over 80,000 students. In Rwanda, we are taking a different approach by working through government to support the national competence-based curriculum reform for entrepreneurship subject. Educate! works closely with three partners: the Rwanda Education Board, Akazi Kanoze Access and Innovations for Poverty Action. The program is called the E!Exchange and will be evaluated in a Randomized Control Trial (RCT).
The new Program Coordinator will join our two existing Program Coordinators at the center of our fast-moving start-up and will have the opportunity to support our entrepreneurship teacher training program reaching 11 districts and over 100 schools intensively. We need a master trainer who is energized and driven to lead pedagogical change and ensure Educate! creates a lasting impact on students.
Educate! is a fast-growing non-profit social enterprise, currently operating in Uganda, Rwanda and Kenya. We deliver to secondary school youth a skills-based model of education, comprised of leadership and entrepreneurship training, mentorship, and real experience starting an enterprise, and work to incorporate our model into national education systems across Africa. Our Vision for 2024 is to impact 1 million youth annually across Africa.
Educate! is backed by top funders such as The MasterCard Foundation, Echidna Giving, Barr, Segal, Vitol, Planet Wheeler, and Halloran Philanthropies, and featured by Brookings and the Clinton Global Initiative. Educate! team members have won recognition from Forbes 30 under 30, Echoing Green, Ashoka, Global Good Fund, and three Acumen fellowships. We value retention of great people: eight of our top thirteen programs team members have been with Educate! for at least six years.
We manage aggressively to impact, and our Randomized Control Trial – the gold standard of impact evaluation – shows that our students double their incomes by the end of the program.
Province Management (45%)
- Liaise with local government officials and District Master Trainers to ensure high quality program implementation.
- Organize regular meetings with teachers and district officials on program coordination, and setting goals and targets.
- Provide technical assistance to teachers and education officers where necessary to ensure student level impact of the program.
- Support the development and strengthening of relationships between District Youth Leaders and District Education Officers.
Master Trainer (30%)
- Plan and participate in termly trainings of up to 200 teachers, education officers, and government officials, on various aspects of the secondary school entrepreneurship curriculum.
- Oversee all trainings to ensure proper communication and practical skill-building of participants.
Program Monitoring (15%)
- Visit schools on a weekly basis to observe E! Exchange visits.
- Engage with District Youth Leaders who implement practical product-making skills trainings, teach Educate!’s Leadership Course, and support Educate!’s entrepreneurship competitions.
Partner Liaison (10%)
- Coordinate various aspects of program monitoring between our implementing partner and Educate! staff, including accurate compilation and publication of M&E reports, timely and accurate maintenance of the M&E dashboard, and design and publication of staff M&E materials.
- Maintain consistent communication with the partner organization and Youth Leaders, who conduct monitoring operations in the field.
We’re looking for someone who
- Is a teacher training specialist and entrepreneur.
- Will tenaciously do what it takes to get the job done.
- Willing to travel to schools extensively.
- Willing to train in Uganda.
- Has experience with program management (preferred). Either direct program coordination, consulting experience, or some form of oversight.
- Has earned a bachelor's degree (required); preferably in a quantitative discipline.
- Has at least 4 years work experience (required); secondary school level teaching experience (preferred) ; 1 year M&E experience preferred.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Rwandan citizen who speaks Kinyarwanda (required); Women are encouraged to apply.
- Fits our Five Cultural Tenets (see What is Educate! About? below); Learn more by looking at Educate!’s culture deck here
- Will manage our operations in the Western province but will be based in Kigali.
- Salary is negotiable depending on experience.
- Benefits include a health care plan.
Why You Will Brag About Working At Educate!
- We’ve got the impact.
- Educate! is designed for scale. We quadrupled operations in 2014, going from 54 to more than 200 schools served. We carefully measure our outcomes, and — here’s the best part — we are maintaining quality at four times the size.
- We believe in local leadership — 97% of our on the ground staff is African.
- Our model has gone nationwide in Uganda — Educate!’s model is now incorporated into the national curriculum and exams, impacting thousands more students than we can reach directly.
- Educate is a well-oiled learning machine. We built our model by methodically testing hundreds of assumptions and we are constantly experimenting, evaluating, and improving.
- We’re honored that luminaries and leaders like Oliver Wonekha, the Ugandan Ambassador to the US, and Ann Veneman, a former Secretary of Agriculture and head of Unicef, believe in us enough to have joined our advisory board.
Please send a resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Rwanda Program Coordinator” in the subject line. Also include how you found out about this role, such as listing the name of anyone who referred you.
What Is Educate! About?
We’re ambitious. Are you? Educate! is growing fast, so new opportunities are opening up and expanding all the time. We’re inspired by people with drive, and we love to help them reach their full potential. We expect everyone at Educate! to contribute above and beyond their job description, grow their skills, and advance their careers, and we are committed to supporting our staff members on that journey.
- We Put Youth First - The youth we serve come first. Always. In everything. That means we wake up thinking of ways we can serve youth even better and get the highest impact out of every dollar that we spend. It means Educate! doesn’t own a single vehicle, because we’d rather take the bus if it means one more student can participate. It means making every decision like the future depends on it — because if we get our way, it does.
- We Are Always Learning - When you work at Educate!, educating yourself is part of your job too. We encourage every employee to find the best book on management; share the latest article on graphic design; bring in your favorite college mentor; or meet the researcher pushing the edge of the field. We are always thirsty for knowledge and love to share.
- We Only Solve a Problem Once - We are allergic to band-aids so we love the person who brings the new system to solve the problem for good, even problems we haven’t recognized yet.
- We Are Flexible - We thrive on change — we’re driving it. We are growing every day, so we have to adapt quickly to meet new challenges, and our team keeps up.
- We Exceed Expectations - We assume we can achieve the impossible because we already have, year after year. We want our staff to create your own challenges, ask the toughest questions, and dream scary big!
Every person at Educate! — from interns to the executive director — is evaluated by how they live up to these five cultural tenets. They are at the core of how we achieve our mission and why we work as well as we do.
Educate is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all who interact in our community. In creating this environment, we encourage people from a variety of cultures, backgrounds and life experiences to join our diverse team.
The listing is expired. You can't contact the publisher.
|Please note that you should never be requested to pay to get interviews, paper for travelling, or to pass extra certifications etc...||Icyitonderwa:|
|Ugomba kumenyako nta narimwe ugomba kwishyura Amafaranga kugirango ubone akazi, cyangwa ngo woroherezwe kubona impapuro z'injyendo n'ibindi...||Details:|
|Price||Check with seller|
|Category||Science & Education Jobs|