3 Agronomist at Good Neighbors International (GNI) Kigali,Rwanda – CLOSE:20/09/2021
Good Neighbors International (GNI) is an international humanitarian and developmental organization in General Consultative Status with UN ECOSOC operating in 40 countries around the world. GNI in Rwanda is legally registered and has endeavored to improve child sponsorship and protection, health, education, WASH, agriculture & livelihood, humanitarian assistance, advocacy, and social economy in 6 districts (Gasabo, Kamonyi, Gisagara , Nyamagabe, Nyaruguru, and Karongi) since 1994.
Good Neighbors International-Rwanda would like to recruit different Internees with the following position:
Based in Kigali(Head Office)
Key responsibilities included;
- To execute and monitor agricultural projects through regular checking
- To co-work with participants/ beneficiaries for self-reliance in a field area
- To supervise agricultural activities
- To assist beneficiaries and other stakeholders in determining ways of cultivating crops on different plots of land,
- To assist in selecting the seeds, fertilizers, and other materials required for plant growth
- Assisting farmers in Applying received lime and compost and make sure they are applied at the right time and dose.
- To bring in cares and faculties to the good utilization of all material and equipment of the project
- To execute and submit regular reports including Monthly report to his/her supervisor
- To check efficiency, effectiveness, and impacts of projects through regular monitoring and reporting to Project Manager
- To have a proper partnership with project beneficiaries through improved communication skills,
- To conduct regular field visits and have meetings with beneficiaries in order for checking, reporting and submitting the procedure and progress of ongoing projects to his/her supervisor
- To participate in regular meetings with community people, especially with communities and local authorities for finding local needs
- To perform additional jobs assigned by the Programs Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of Agronomy, crop sciences, and/or related fields from a recognized University with at least 1-year field experience in a similar position/field.
- Full working knowledge of English and Kinyarwanda languages
- Good computer skills (Microsoft word, Excel, power point) and report writing skills.
The interested candidates must submit directly their application letter addressed to Country Director; recent and detailed curriculum vitae written within 2 pages in English; relevant certificates; Diploma required; a photocopy of the National Identity Card at Good Neighbors International, Head Office (Kigali); located at Kimihurura, opposite to Lemigo Hotel (FAIRVIEW building_3rd floor, right wing) by September 20th, 2021(Monday) before 4pm.
Done at Kigali 13th September, 2021
Good Neighbors International-Rwanda