ACCOUNTANT ASSISTANT at The Association for the Promotion of Education and Training Abroad (APEFE), Kigali, Rwanda – CLOSE:21/10/2022
The Association for the Promotion of Education and Training Abroad (APEFE) is a Belgian organization that mobilizes its resources and expertise to serve the countries of the South for strengthening their capacities to implement their development policy in the sectors of education, agriculture and environment, health, governance and the private sector.
In Rwanda, APEFE is implementing its five-year program (2022-2026) financed by the Belgian Directorate General for Development Cooperation (DGD), with the objective of ” to increase the capacities of Rwandan young women and men to access or create decent jobs in selected TVET trades in 6 districts’’. The program is being implemented in a partnership with the Ministry of Public Services and Labour (MIFOTRA).
Expected results of the APEFE program 2022-2026
In this phase 2022-2026, the APEFE program aims at the following results:
Result 1: MIFOTRA, MINEDUC, MINICOM, MINIYOUTH, RDB, PSF ensure strategic steering and coordination of skills development and employment of TVET/dual training graduates in respect of the SDGs.
Result 2: Districts coordinate the creation of an enabling local environment for skills and decent jobs development for youth in line with their development plans.
Result 3: TVET schools and companies collaborate and implement quality and inclusive dual training, using digital solutions when appropriate, to provide youth with adequate skills responding to the labour market needs in selected trades (food processing- fashion-Leather works- beauty).
Result 4: Employment and business development services at district level collaborate and offer proper career guidance, employment placement and business development services.
To fulfil its mandate, APEFE is seeking interested Rwandan candidates for the following position:
Position: one (1) Accountant Assistant/ Ref: ACA-04.2022
As part of its 2022-2026 program in Rwanda, APEFE is hiring an Accountant Assistant (M/F) for the Program, whose objective is as indicated above.
- Place of assignment: Kigali (Rwanda) with 10 % of time of missions in Provinces
- End of contract: December 2026
- Deadline for submitting application: 21st October 2022, 5 p.m.
- Salary: APEFE local salary scale
- Career level: 8 years of useful experience
Function: Under the hierarchical authority of the APEFE Administrative and Financial Manager, in collaboration with the Administrative Assistant/Logistics, the Accountant Assistant will provide support to ensure efficient administrative and financial operations of the office.
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in accounting, finance, organization management OR Possession of a professional baccalaureate with at least 8 years’ experience in the above-mentioned fields;
- Experience in education, technical and vocational training, Workplace Learning being an added value;
- Experience in the management of companies and administrations: accounting and financial management option;
- Experience working with auditors;
- Professional experience with a Belgian actor/Organization financed by the Belgian Cooperation or similar context;
- Experience and demonstrated success in financial positions in an international NGO or similar development partner;
- Analytical thinking and good judgment;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Strong organizational and research skills with a thorough understanding of finance and accounting principles, procedures and techniques;
- Mastering communication tools;
- Mastering the administrative procedures of the public service;
- Proficiency in office tools (Word, Excel, Outlook) and CAD software, SAGE and others;
- Knowledge of public procurement and accounting;
- Confidentiality and ethical behavior;
- Teamwork and time consciousness;
- Basic understanding of financial and tax regulations in Rwanda;
- Sense of organization, rigor and management of priorities;
- Good listening skills;
- Ability to multi-task;
- High degree of professionalism;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Fluent in English – Working knowledge in French is an added value.
A curriculum vitae, a motivation letter, past and current service certificates (unproven experience will not be considered during the shortlisting), copies of diploma and certificates, and names of 3 references contacts and emails (former direct supervisors) indicating the reference ACA-04.2022, must be sent, not later than October 21st, 2022, 5 p.m., to APEFE by e-mail: [email protected]
Only short-listed candidates whose background and experience meet the criteria above will be contacted.
N.B: This recruitment will also be used as a recruitment pool for later possible other recruitment processes.
Done in Kigali, 21st September 2022,
- Category : Other Jobs