Kigali International Arbitration Centre (KIAC) is an independent body established by the Law Nº 51/2010 0f 10/01/2010 establishing the Kigali International Arbitration Centre and determining its organization, functioning and competence under the auspices of the Rwanda Private Sector Federation in partnership with the Government of Rwanda. KIAC’s principal mandate is to promote, facilitate, and encourage the use of domestic and international arbitration and other forms of alternative dispute resolution in Rwanda.
KICA is seeking to recruit a competent professional for the position of the “Accountant” to support the KIAC Secretariat. The Accountant is responsible for maintaining the budget, recording and reflecting fully, accurately, clearly and in a timely manner the funds that are allocated and the disbursements made to support the implementation of the KIAC Program and Projects in accordance with the financial and accounting standards and procedures. The Accountant shall report to the KIAC Secretary General and his/her duties shall include:
- Oversee and ensure maintenance of book keeping and accounting practices according to the requirements of the Centre and its Projects
- Maintain an asset inventory and financial records for the Centre
- Assist in designing and formulating annual financial budgets and monitoring of the budget implementation
- Analyze revenue and expenditure trends and recommend appropriate budget levels and ensure expenditure control
- Work in collaboration with the Management team in the Centre to put in place mechanisms for promoting the modernization of accounting service and filing
- Oversee effective completion of tasks to review all invoices, bills, vouchers, or other documents for accuracy and completeness before paying them, collection of accounts receivable, review and execution of all tasks related to staff salaries and payroll reporting, and maintenance of all financial files
- Ensure the compliance with the financial procedures laid down in the Centre’s Operations’ Procedure Manual (OPM)
- Control and monitor all the bank transactions and ensure timely preparation of bank reconciliation of KIAC accounts as well as the periodic financial statements
- Maintain financial files, including but not limited to expenses and incomes reports and, payroll, accumulated leave, petty cash balances, etc.
- Check budget lines to ensure that all transactions are correctly booked to the correct budget line
- Report any actual or potential financial issues to his/her superior
- Submit financial report on monthly, quarterly and annual basis to the Secretary General
- Perform any other lawful duty that may be assigned to her/him by her/his employer
II. QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS REQUIRED
Interested candidates must fulfill the following requirements:
- Should possess a Bachelors’ Degree in Finance Management Specialized in Accounting/Business Administration;
- At least two (2) years professional experience in financial and accounting work preferably having worked in reputable public or private sector organizations;
- Should be conversant with financial management software such as Quick Books
- Previous experience and good knowledge of all types of Rwanda tax declarations
- Good analytical skills, the ability to present data in a concise manner;
- Ability to work with strict targets and deadlines;
- Good computer skills in Word Processing, Spreadsheet (MS Excel);
- Good command in other basic computer applications (outlook & power point processing);
- High level of writing, understating and speaking proficiency in English while understanding of Kinyarwanda and any other official language in Rwanda will be an additional advantage.
- Team working oriented.
HOW TO APPLY?
Interested candidates should submit their application letter including contact details (e-mail & telephone) along with notarized copies of their educational Degree and Curriculum Vitae indicating at least three references to the Secretary General of KIAC.
The application shall be submitted at the KIAC Secretariat through e-mail: email@example.com, not later than Friday 02nd July 2021 at 11:00 am. Only shortlisted candidates shall be notified for exams.
More information can be obtained from +250788 316 099
Done at Kigali, 22nd June 2021