Rwanda National Dairy Platform (RNDP) has received funding from the Rwanda Dairy Development Project (RDDP); an IFAD funded project under the special project Implementation Unit (SPIU) in the Ministry of Agriculture and Animal Resources (MINAGRI). The project is implementing activities geared towards development of the dairy value chain in Rwanda.
The RNDP is currently a service provider to RDDP for the implementation of key dairy value chain segment. The platform would like to use part of the funds received from the project for the recruitment of a qualified accountant to manage financial and material resources granted by the project to RNDP.
Terms of Reference for the Accountant
The Accountant shall work under the supervision of the Executive Secretary of RNDP and shall carry out all functions specified in this ToR.
- To prepare, examine, and analyse accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to access accuracy, completeness and compliance to procedural standards.
- To establish chart of accounts, and assign entries to proper accounts
- To develop, maintain, and analyze budgets
- To co-sign and authorize payment requests
- To develop, implement, modify and document recordkeeping and accounting systems,
- To advise management about issues such as proper finance management and resource utilization
- To keep inventory of assets of the platform and maintain the information such as asset description value and location.
- To receive and collect revenues for the platform
- To prepare and present all books of accounts and assets for auditing
- To maintain accounting records by making copies and filing documents
- To reconcile bank statements by comparing statements with the general ledger
- To maintain accounting databases by entering data into the computer and processing backups
- To organize and prepare procurement plan
- To prepare and conduct procurement of goods and services
- To participate in preparation of contracts and follow up their executions
- Reception of goods and materials delivered by suppliers
- To determine value of depreciable assets
- To receive and processing all invoice, expense forms and requests for payment
- To manage petty cash transactions
- To operate and maintain bank accounts
- To reconcile revenues collection and reports on a monthly basis
- To order handle and writing of cheques
- To prepare profit and loss account statements
- Any other activity as may be determined by the board and executive Secretary (ES) of RNDP.
- She/he should be a Rwandan by nationality
- The ideal candidate should possess a bachelor’s degree in Finance, major option accounting.
- She/he must possess a minimum of not less than five (5) years related professional experience, preferably having worked in public related entities and or reputable private sector organizations
- Should be conversant with various financial management software such as Quick Book, Sage, Tally and many others
- Having experience/ knowledge in procurement and human resource processes/Practices of the candidate is an added value
- Fluency in spoken and written English is a must and working knowledge of French is an added advantage
- Good analytical and numerical skills
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Excellent computer skills in accounting software and MS-Office: Word, Excel, and PPT
- Ability to work in a team and liaise well with others
- High Integrity/ethics and the ability to meet the deadlines
Mode of Application
Interested candidates should submit their application letters and CV’s to the Email address of RNDP firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 25th/June/2021 at 17:00 PM. All applicants should be addressed to the Executive Secretary (ES); Rwanda National Dairy Platform Kigali-Rwanda. For more information contact the ES on Mob: 0788302613. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further recruitment information.