- Announcement Number:
- Hiring Agency:
- Embassy Kigali
- Position Title:
- Administrative Assistant – All Interested Candidates / All Sources
- Open Period:
- 05/12/2022 – 05/26/2022Format MM/DD/YYYY
- Vacancy Time Zone:
- LE – 0105 6
- RWF FRw11,336,031
- Work Schedule:
- Full-time –
- Promotion Potential:
- Duty Location(s):
- 1 Vacancy in
- Telework Eligible:
- For More Info:
- Hiring Path:
- • Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- All Interested Candidates / All Sources
- Security Clearance Required:
- Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type
- Appointment Type Details:
- Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- Marketing Statement:
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
- The U.S Mission in Kigali is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Administrative Assistant.
The work schedule for this position is Full Time (40 hours per week)
- Supervisory Position:
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed:
- Travel Required:
- Not Required
The Administrative Assistant oversees, directs, and executes all administrative functions and responsibilities for the U.S. Embassy’s Medical Unit as assigned by the Medical Provider. The Administrative Assistant acts as a liaison and facilitator between the Medical Unit staff, officers from different sections of the embassy, family members, Locally Employed Staff, personnel from other U.S. Government agencies and regional embassies, and medical, nursing and ancillary health services within the local community. The Administrative Assistant is under the direct supervision of the Foreign Service Medical Provider.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- EXPERIENCE: A minimum of one (1) year of experience as an Office Manager or Administrative Assistant is required.
- Education Requirements:
- Completion of two (2) years of general college or university studies is required.
- LANGUAGE: Good working knowledge of English and Kinyarwanda is required. (This may be tested).
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION: The U.S. Embassy Kigali provides reasonable accommodation as needed to people with disabilities. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation should contact the U.S. Embassy’s Human Resources Office at HRKigali@state.gov for assistance.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Agency Benefits:
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Kigali may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- Other Information:
- For the current COVID-19 Requirements please visit the following link.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
1. AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
2. AEFM / USEFM
3. FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), Letter from Veterans’ Affairs which indicates the present existence of a service-connected disability dated within the past six months, equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply
- How to Apply:
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust clearance clearance.
To apply for this position CLICK HERE and click on the “Apply To This Vacancy” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
- Required Documents:
- To qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested degree and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. Failure to provide requested information, or the information is insufficient to verify eligibility, may result in disqualification for this position.
• University Degree
• Residency and/or Work Permit
• Other document
Eligible Family Member Applicants:
• Copy of Sponsor’s Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
• Passport copy
• DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
• SF-50 (if applicable)
- Next Steps:
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Kigali.
- Category : Management Jobs