Aftercare/ Vehicle Maintenance Manager at Ampersand Rwanda Ltd, Kigali, Rwanda – CLOSE: 10/12/2022
Do you want to do work that is impactful? Do you want to help improve the lives of some of the most hardworking people in Africa, while also reducing carbon emissions? Do you want to use your skills to advance Africa towards a zero-carbon future, not just to make a living? Ampersand is your answer.
Headquartered in Kigali in Rwanda, Ampersand is achieving the world’s first true mass-market shift to electric vehicles, a vital tipping point in the fight against climate change, through providing electric motorcycles to moto taxis drivers in East Africa. Our electric motorcycles offer savings that can double a driver’s income, in addition to reducing carbon emissions by more than 75%. Converting just one petrol motorbike to electric is the equivalent of the carbon captured by 128 trees.
Since starting out in 2018, we plan to grow to serve tens of thousands of customers across East Africa in 5 years. This is where you come in. The team has grown from a tiny, bootstrapped R&D garage project into East Africa’s leading electric vehicle operation, with a team of over 150 staff drawn from diverse backgrounds. We are rapidly scaling our operations, and we are looking for innovative professionals who are passionate about clean energy and environmental impact to lead and contribute to our rapid growth.
About the role
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, this role will oversee the technical after-sales support for our customers including spare parts inventory, dealerships, and warranties. We seek an enthusiastic business manager with the ability to carry out various analytics and at the same time train, challenge, coach, and mentor team members. The Aftercare/ Vehicle Maintenance Manager will be accountable for delivering unparalleled service to our customers and dealer partners and continue to optimize service delivery systems. This role will carry out the following responsibilities:
- Maintain a high degree of technical competency in the mechanics, electricals, and power systems of the Ampersand e-motorcycle.
- Ability to carry out various analytics so as to deliver improvements around warranties, warranty rates, and service order efficiencies.
- Be accountable for spare parts inventory, overseeing stock keeper performance, stock accuracy, and stock orders.
- Leadership, management and training of vehicle maintenance and roadside rescue teams to deliver efficient and excellent service for our customers.
- Coordination with Ampersand spare parts dealers to ensure stock availability and maintenance quality at Rwanda partner garages.
- Manage customer warranties and preventative maintenance services.
- Management of DEAR ERP platform for stock keeping and customer point of sale
- Ability to develop and maintain process experimentation resulting in continuous improvement of our service systems.
- Other duties at the discretion of Ampersand.
- 7+ years of professional experience in automotive maintenance including 3 years at management level
- Diploma or Bachelors degree in automotive maintenance or mechanical fields.
- Experience with the distribution of spare parts or franchise partnerships.
- Ability to manage, train, mentor, and coach team members
- Ability to deliver results on time and on budget.
- Good comprehension of Microsoft Office tools as well as Google Workspace.
- Ability to communicate in both written and spoken English & Fluent in Kinyarwanda
- (Bonus) Experience with electric vehicles
- (Bonus) Experience in a start-up environment.
A competitive compensation package commensurate with local market rates and experience including health insurance cover.
This role will be based in Kigali, Rwanda.
How to Apply
To apply for this job in Rwanda, please click on the Apply here button bellow
- Category : Other Jobs