IntraHealth International, through the USAID-funded Ingobyi Activity, seeks to recruit a Biostatistician consultant to conduct quantitative data analysis and support the upcoming operational research training activity for Ingobyi staff, and post-graduate students who are recipients of Ingobyi Operational research grants in maternal, newborn and child health. The USAID Ingobyi Activity seeks to improve the quality of reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health (RMNCH) and malaria services, in a sustainable manner with the goal of reducing infant and maternal mortality in Rwanda. The USAID Ingobyi Activity builds upon the tremendous gains Rwanda has made as well as previous USAID investments in the health sector. USAID Ingobyi Activity aims to contribute to the reduction of infant and maternal mortality and incidence of malaria in Rwanda. The Activity partners with the GOR to build on the country’s considerable achievements, guided by national health strategies, goals, objectives and data. The Activity is not just building capacity and capability but aims to achieve shared understanding of the patterns and systemic structures that underlie the health system and where and how to bring about measurable, sustainable improvements.
USAID Ingobyi Activity seeks to recruit following consultant:
Biostatistician (1) position
The Biostatistician consultant will provide advanced statistical expertise and support to the operational research team engaged in various research studies. He/she will participate in the design, development, and reporting of selected research studies. In collaboration with the USAID-Ingobyi Activity MEL team, the consultant will train Ingobyi staff, and post-graduate students who are recipients of Ingobyi Operational research grants in maternal, newborn and child health. He/she will report to the Senior Operational Research Advisor.
- Review of the research proposals, tools, and datasets.
- Train USAID Ingobyi staff and post-graduate students recipients of Ingobyi Operational research grants in maternal, newborn and child health.
- Conduct data analysis as described in different research protocols in collaboration with study principal investigators.
- Submit a report highlighting study analysis results that were produced from the assignment as well as the report of the operational research training.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- PhD or master’s degree in Biostatistics, or a related field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in quantitative research methodology.
- Experience in research on reproductive, maternal, child, newborn, malaria, and adolescent health issues is highly desirable.
- Experience using the software Stata and R.
- Evidence of at least 4 publications in peer reviewed journal for his/her prior quantitative work.
- Demonstrated experience in training students, frontline workers on data analysis and research methodology.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Kinyarwanda.
- Ability to work independently and to take initiative.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a highly professional attitude.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet competing deadlines.
- Good understanding of research
- Effective communication skills and teamwork.
- Problem-solving abilities.
- Results oriented and able to deliver on time; and
- Ability to work with flexibility and good time management.
Anticipated timeline: The consultant is needed to perform multiple tasks at different occasion throughout a period of 12 months under a framework contract. For each unit of task, the consultant will receive in writing the type of work, the expected results, and the time limit (number of days) to complete the task and the deliverables to be produced.
How to apply:
Interested applicants are requested to submit electronic copies of their technical and financial proposals (in English), to email@example.com with “Biostatistician consultant” in the subject line, no later than July 30, 2021 before 6:00PM.
The application file should include:
- Motivation letter and updated CV.
- 3 professional references, including current and previous direct supervisors with their full names, phone number and email address; and
- Copies of academic degrees and/or diplomas.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment and consultancies.
Logistical needs related to the assessment will be organized and provided by USAID Ingobyi Activity.
Only applicants fulfilling the above requirements will be contacted.
ATTACHMENT:Biostatistician Consultant At IntraHealth, Kigali-Rwanda - CLOSE 30072021