BRANCH PHARMACIST at Abacus Pharma (A) Ltd, Kigali, Rwanda – CLOSE: 07/10/2022
Established in 1995, Abacus is the leading distributor and manufacturer of pharmaceutical products in East Africa.
Import and Distribution are primarily drugs and surgical equipment which includes 30% of sales of branded products (10% branded generic) and 70% of unbranded “commodity” generic products.
The manufacturing plant which was established in 2009, is primarily for parenteral (IV fluids, ear, eye, and nose drops) pharmaceutical products sold in nine countries. The plant is the only parenteral manufacturer in Uganda, and the largest parenteral facility in the East African region, and supplies over 80% of the LVPs market in Uganda, and 35% of the EAC market.
Abacus Group has approximately 1200 employees, most of whom are based in East Africa.
At Abacus, we ensure optimal working conditions, ongoing support, and focused direction. Combined with co-operation, this should deliver positive results, opportunities, and benefits to both parties. Employees are the most valuable resource and thus, we encourage the innovative and distinct ideas that come with employees’ contributions.
The vision of Abacus is to be Africa’s trusted leader in providing quality health & wellness products and solutions.
ABACUS’s Mission is to be Africa’s number one health & Wellness Company across the spectrum of diagnostics, preventive and curative medicines, surgical and consumer health products, and solutions.
About the Role:
We are looking for a qualified and responsible pharmacist to be the technical supervisor of our new wholesale branch in Kigali, Rwanda whereby the main responsibilities will be, but are not limited to, procurement, storage, delivery, licensing, and records management, as well as ensures that Good Distribution Practices are upheld.
Reporting to: Country Head
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
- Selection, preparation, quality control, preservation, and distribution of drugs and other pharmaceutical products
- Selection and shortlisting of pharmaceutical suppliers
- Importing and exporting pharmaceutical products
- Traceability and recall (as part of pharmacovigilance) of the pharmaceutical products where necessary
- Distribution of pharmaceutical information in their establishment (information for customers, for the Rwanda Food and Drugs Authority, or for other persons requiring it)
- Being the technical spokesman for the establishment of the Rwanda FDA and other authorities
- Ensure adherence to the Good Distribution Practices
- Enforcement of pharmaceutical legislation and regulation in the pharmaceutical establishment in which he/she is responsible
- Business development in the catchment area through marketing activities
Minimum Qualifications / Requirements:
- A0 in Pharmacy
- 1 -2 years of working experience
- Registered with National Pharmacy Council
- Having a valid license to practice pharmacy
- Fluent in English both speaking and writing
- Experience in the pharmaceutical wholesale business is an added advantage
Only candidates who meet the minimum criteria outlined above are invited to send their job application (motivation letter, updated resume, and copy of valid license in one Pdf document) to [email protected] no later than 07th October 2022.
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please note that we will review applications based on a first come first serve basis and might close the vacancy ahead of schedule when suitable candidates have been found.
- Category : Other Jobs