Chef at Keyon Farms Ltd, Kigali, Rwanda – CLOSE: 13/10/2022
KEYON FARMS LTD
Keyon farms started operations in 2021. We are a family-owned farm located in Bugesera in the Eastern province of Rwanda. It’s our dream to make quality meat affordable to all, so that more people can have access to diets with a healthy protein content. We bring a sense of discovery and adventure into poultry farming and are keen to continuously innovate to increase efficiency and predictability in meat production.
We currently raise broilers in 3 poultry houses with a combined capacity to produce 15 tons of chicken meat per month. We integrate best in class practices into our production processes, for example by using modern data science techniques to optimize efficiency so that we can give our customers quality chicken meat at an affordable price.
JOB TITLE: CHEF
We are looking to hire a candidate with strong leadership, creativity, and a mastering of culinary skills and methods for the position of “chef”. H/She should possess comprehensive food preparation skills and expertise in all chicken related menus and chicken products, and can develop recipes, create menus, prepare dishes, and coordinate kitchen staff.
- Study, develop, standardize, and document all recipes to ensure consistency.
- Set up menus and prepare high quality dishes.
- Ensure cleanliness of food, kitchen spaces, and ensure that kitchen staff are familiar with sanitation regulations.
- Maintain standards for food handling, storage, distribution, quality, and appearance.
- Manage food inventory and keep records and accounts.
- Ensure compliance with appropriate health codes and regulations.
- Demonstrate knowledge of culinary techniques and practices.
- Have a mastering of operating all kitchen related appliances and machinery.
- Have excellent knife – handling skills to minimize knife related accidents
- Have basic computer skills and experience with Microsoft office (excel).
- Participate in interview process and selection of kitchen staff.
- Delegate tasks to kitchen staff based on their capabilities to ensure effective time management.
- Perform a monthly survey of chicken related food trends and recipes to inform decision making.
- Follow the company’s regulations and policies.
- Develop a daily time slot for kitchen operations to increase work efficiency and manage time more effectively.
- Formal culinary training /culinary degree from a reputable institution.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience as a chef in fast – paced high volume kitchens. (Experience working with a chicken food chain is a plus).
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to keep self-updated with new food trends.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent creative thinking skills.
- Proficiency in English and Kinyarwanda.
How to apply
Email a cover letter, CV and contact information of three professional references to [email protected]
The deadline: 13/10/2022
- Category : Other Jobs