Communications and Outreach Officer at Never Again Rwanda (NAR) Kigali,Rwanda – CLOSE:30/09/2021
With the support from USAID Rwanda, Never Again Rwanda will be implementing a citizen participation Program “Dufatanye Kwiyubakira Igihugu” (DKI). It is a three-year intervention targeting 8 districts (5 sectors per district) of Huye, Nyanza, Kayonza, Nyagatare, Ngororero, Rusizi, Musanze, and Burera. The program intends to build upon previous and current work led by Never Again Rwanda on policy engagement and building the capacity of its partners to interact effectively with the government, private sector, media, and the public, at both National and local levels. In order to oversee the delivery of its implementation effectively, NAR is recruiting for the following positions.
COMMUNICATIONS AND OUTREACH OFFICER – NEVER AGAIN RWANDA
Terms of reference for recruiting Communications and Outreach Officer
Position: Communications and Outreach Officer
- Facilitate the communications on program activities, outcomes, and change stories
- S/He will ensure that NAR and USAID are visible on all the program activities. S/He will support the program team to document and communicate success and raise public awareness on program activities
- S/He will ensure that all target groups understand the aim of the program, its opportunities and provide space for them to share their stories, challenges, and significant change as well as lessons learned from the implemented activities
- S/He will ensure that NAR, USAID, and other key partners have the necessary tools/materials to communicate the approaches, results, and innovations
- To create a ‘corporate’ communications strategy and implementation plan.
- Working with the programs Manager to qualify corporate information
- To develop and maintain NAR’s media strategy across all external media including press, broadcast, radio, publications, and social media
- To raise NAR’s profile and market NAR’s activities including programs, key events and activities, case studies, advocacy documents, brochures, banners, flyers, pamphlets, and other publicity related items and documentation
- To support Advocacy efforts by producing reader-friendly tools
- Responsible for overall program Inductions of the program to better understand both NAR organizational the Activity and identity through its values, vision, and mission statement
- To lead on the production and design of NAR activity Annual reports, NAR program reports and other publications
- To lead on the monthly NAR in-house web magazine, and disseminate to all stakeholders
- To take responsibility for external PR of key organizational program events and activities and maximizing opportunities for communications activity
- To act as the custodian for the Corporate Brand(s) of Never Again Rwanda and to better inform all staff in the program of usage of branding
- Record, document, and store all Never Again Rwanda’s program videos, short film documentaries, photographs, and reports
- To develop through staff training, the capacity of staff to better address internal and external communications in programs, and externally with key stakeholder engagement
- Supervise Media production & publications
- University degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, International Relations or the equivalent
- 2-5 years of professional communications work experience working in the field of communications and outreach including working on different projects preferably USAID-funded
- Experience in internal and external communications, including developing and implementing a communications strategy, ensuring compliance and consistency of message
- Excellent writer and editor
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English and Kinyarwanda
- Strong events organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with a range of audiences from across a number of disciplines
- Good knowledge of outreach techniques and their application including the development of advocacy campaigns from inception to delivery
- Ability to utilize social media and web applications to support public relations activity and corporate image
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with various teams, departments, staff members, and partners (media houses, broadcast media, press persons, liaise with other communications spokespersons).
- Ability to exercise judgment, identify and make clear, informed, appropriate, pragmatic, and timely decisions within a busy environment of multiple programs
- Excellent computer skills MS Excel spreadsheet, MS word and is competent with the latest Windows Office application
- Ability to travel to the field as required and at times at short notice
Interested candidates should send a motivational letter, a curriculum vitae with 2 references, a copy of degrees, and other relevant certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline is 30th September 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications from women candidates are strongly encouraged.