Agaciro Development Fund (AgDF) is the Rwanda’s sovereign wealth fund that was established by Rwandans in 2011. In the framework of strengthening its human resource capacity, the company is recruiting a highly qualified and motivated candidate to fill the following position:
Position: Company Secretary
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
The position holder is responsible for ensuring that AgDF complies with standard financial and legal practice and maintains high standards of corporate governance.
The Company Secretary acts as a link between the Management and Board of directors in primarily ensuring mitigating risks and maximizing the rights of AgDF in its engagements.
The Company Secretary performs the following responsibilities:
- Provide timely and comprehensive facilitation to the Board to effectively carry out their fiduciary duties,
- Act as the Board and Executive management committee secretary and provide expert and strategic legal advice to both management and the Board,
- Ensuring compliance with standard financial and legal practice at AgDF,
- Mitigation of risk and maximization of rights,
- Organize and prepare agendas and papers for Board meetings, committees and annual general meetings,
- Take minutes, draft resolutions of Board, its committees, Executive management committee and follow up on implementation of decisions taken by the Board and management meetings,
- Oversee policies, making sure they are kept up to date and referred to
- Maintain statutory books,
- Deal with legally binding correspondences, collate information and write reports, ensuring decisions made are communicated to the relevant stakeholders,
- Contribute to meeting discussions as and when required, and advise members of the management of the implications of proposed policies,
- Monitor changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and take appropriate action in consultation with relevant authorities,
- Liaise with external regulators and advisers, such as lawyers and auditors on issues related to AgDF legal engagements and operations,
- Develop and oversee the systems that ensure AgDF complies with all applicable laws, in addition to its legal and statutory requirements
- Take a role in share issues, mergers, acquisitions, and advise on legal matters relating to all assets managed by AgDF,
- Maintain the register of AgDF shareholding and monitor changes in share ownership,
- Draft contracts in collaboration with departments, manage and renew contracts as appropriate,
- Be responsible for custody of all agreements and contracts; lead the negotiation, drafting, review, execution and interpretation of statutes, agreements, contracts and policies governing the operations of AgDF in collaboration with departments,
- Perform any other relevant duties assigned by the superiors in line with this position.
Interested candidates must have at least 5 years of relevant proven experience within legal advisory services field and meet the following position requirements:
- Possession of a degree of law (LLB);
- Master’s degree of law (LLM) is preferable;
- Possession of a professional qualification is desired;
- Possess 5years+ of experience in Board Secretariat functions in a corporate setting;
- Be a results driven and diligent company secretary and legal expert with exceptional interpersonal, writing and verbal communication skills;
- Proficiency in English is required and having a good working knowledge of French will be an added advantage.
Applications including cover letter, CV with three references, copies of academic credentials and ID copy addressed to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) should be submitted to AgDF Head Office, at RSSB Tower II, 3rd Floor, African Boulevard, Kigali, Rwanda or via this email : email@example.com , not later that 21th June 2021 at 17h00pm.
Done at Kigali, 11th June 2021
Chief Executive Officer