Job Description – Compliance Manager
SimbaPay is a UK headquartered FinTech business. We provide a branded service for banks & telcos which enables their customers send money abroad instantly.
This role will primarily involve providing assurance to the CEO and senior management team that the organization remains in compliance with all relevant regulatory and financial crime requirements and maintains its regulatory permissions and status as a Payment Institution.
The candidate will be responsible for overseeing compliance and risk of SimbaPay’s Rwanda division.
The key responsibilities of the role are to ensure that:
- the organization operates and maintains its regulatory license to conduct money remittance business
- All relevant staff remain aware of their corporate and personal regulatory obligations.
- Regulatory radar capability exists to identify, assess and respond to regulatory developments affecting the business
- Compliance Policies and Procedures are written, approved and embedded in the business as well as being kept up-to-date.
- Independent challenge and oversight is applied to the approved compliance policies
- alerts generated by automated transaction monitoring systems are appraised and where appropriate investigated, evaluated and suitable actions recommended
- Timely, accurate, and relevant regulatory advice and guidance is provided to the firm.
- Where appropriate, competitive advantage (through knowledge and experience of regulatory standards and practices) is achieved.
- The firm meets its anti financial crime obligations, in relation to Anti Money Laundering, Counter Terrorist Financing, Fraud, Sanctions, Bribery and Corruption and Market Abuse/Insider Trading.
- Appropriate management information is produced and acted upon in relation to compliance matters.
- The firm’s strategic and commercial objectives can be effectively delivered within the context of appropriate legal, regulatory, governance, and reputational standards.
- That all commercial decisions e.g. product, market, geography, customer, scope or process, receive appropriate regulatory consideration.
- Implement a risk-based compliance monitoring / operational risk framework to enable senior management to effectively understand, manage, monitor, and mitigate the firm’s various compliance and regulatory risks.
- A favorable regulatory relationship is established and maintained with the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
- Suitable senior management individuals are identified and registered with the FCA.
- Submit Suspicious Activity Reports to National Crime Agency UK.
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit their application letters and CV’s to the email : Jacqueline@simbapay.com not later than 05th/July/2021.