The consultant will be expected to lead on the development and issuing of the survey questionnaires and tools, as well as the analysis of data and development of a report with clear findings and recommendations. Recommendations should entail both recommendations in terms of capacity strengthening niche for Trócaire Rwanda to focus on (based on identified needs and gaps), as well as in terms of recommended necessary skillsets, team structure and/or any other prerequisites for Trócaire Rwanda to be able to successfully perform on capacity strengthening and achieve its ambition in this regard.
Different survey tools may be chosen for the different audiences. A final decision on tools to be used, will be made after engagement with the consultant and upon her/his recommendations, but could look as follows:
- Focus group discussion with Trócaire Rwanda staff (both programme and finance staff);
- Online survey with approx. 20 questions for 50 local organizations + qualitative interviews or focus group discussion with a selected number of local organizations;
- Online survey with approx. 10 questions for 20 International NGOs and 10 private entities (e.g. grant management companies) + qualitative interviews with a selected number of INGOs and private entities;
- Short questionnaire for face to face/virtual interviews (approx. 10 questions using both open and closed questions) for 10 development partners;
- Short questionnaire for face to face/virtual interviews (approx. 10 questions using both open and closed questions) for 10 regulatory authorities (e.g. Rwanda Governance Board, Ministry of Local Government, District Authorities)
More details can be found on Procurement | Trócaire (trocaire.org) where the detailed TOR can be downloaded