Credit Manager at Urwego Bank PLC, Kigali, Rwanda – CLOSE: 04/10/2022
Urwego Bank Plc is dedicated to providing financial services to the people of Rwanda. Motivated by Jesus Christ’s call to serve those in need. Its mission is to achieve economic spiritual transformation in the lives of underserved, using financial services and tested trainings as we share Jesus Christ’s love.
Urwego Bank wishes to recruit 1 qualified, competent and proactive Credit Manager.
JOB TITLE: Credit Manager
REPORTING TO: Director of Credit
SUPERVISES: Junior and Senior Credit Analysts
The Credit Manager will lead all credit risk management strategies for the bank, Key tasks includes overseeing all loan underwriting work, generate portfolio performance of Group, Agric and Individual clients, perform credit monitoring, ensure early and late-stage delinquency procedures are being complied with, and reporting to regulators. Provide capacity building to the credit team as well as the business team.
Spiritual Integration and Christian Witness
- Ensure a personal, healthy spiritual balance within family, work, and church life through the adoption of biblical personal and spiritual disciplines.
- Conduct daily work, make decisions, and help Urwego make decisions in a way that witnesses to the presence, power, and love of Jesus and the reality of his Kingdom on earth.
- Provide spiritual leadership and a Christian witness to all colleagues and to all other staff as opportunity arises.
Enhance credit quality
- Capacity build credit analysts as well as sales officers on financial statement analysis and the overall loan management.
- Work with the Director of credit to enhance the loan underwriting standards and ensuring the portfolio quality is maintained within approved risk appetite, and provide recommendation to the management for product review whenever necessary.
- Perform monthly Portfolio reviews; investigate and make recommendations for action to Senior Management for any underperforming credit facility.
- Build and develop a cohesive and effective relations with the underwriting business team to ensure generation of high-quality loans.
- Monitor the performance of approved loans for any divergences and notify the MCC.
- Actively participate in improving Urwego Bank by developing and making recommendations for creative and innovative ways of discharging duties, cutting down costs, and working more efficiently and effectively.
- Analyse portfolio trends, historical performance of the 3 key broad loan grouping of Urwego on weekly and monthly basis and provide an executive summary to the senior management.
- Lead on all key internal reporting on problem loans and watch list to the management and the board.
- Provide data analysis in terms of client performance to the management so to ease decision making.
- Provide period reports on the lending approval process, turn around, observed challenges and other recommendations that would enhance the bank’s underwriting and analysis
- Lead the all the activities related to monthly write-off and ensure monthly loan loss provisioning is completed before 5th of every month.
- Other duties as necessary to accomplish the Urwego Bank’s mission and as requested by Management.
- Ensure that all statutory reporting to the regulator, the Board and the shareholder are timely processed before 6th of every month.
- Personal confession of Christian faith and commitment to the mission and vision of Urwego Bank Plc;
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, economic or any other related fields; poses a professional qualification such as CPA, Certified Credit Analyst is a plus,
- 5+ years of professional experience in economic development, microfinance, financial services sector, with 3+ years in credit analysis or credit administration role. Prior experience working as a credit manager is a plus;
- Experience managing credit portfolio and analysing and underwriting credit applications;
- Strong analytical skills and a high level of attention to detail;
- Strong organizational skills, including effective time management and prioritization of competing demands/multiple deadlines.
- Strong written, verbal and computer-based communication and presentation skills.
How to apply
Interested and eligible applicants should submit the following documents to [email protected] not later than 4th October 2022 at 5pm. Send the documents as one folder and in the subject line, fill in the position of Credit Manager.
- Motivation letter explaining your suitability for the position,
- Curriculum vitae with 2 referee names,
- Notarized Academic Documents and certificates.
- Recommendation from your Church.
- Statement of Faith.
- Criminal Record Form
- National ID.
Only Shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for the interview.
Urwego Bank PLC Management.
- Category : Management Jobs