Job Title: Dental Nurse
Location: Nyarutarama – Kigali
Deva Medical Center is now looking for an ambitious, qualified and experienced individual to fill the position as Dental Nurse (DN) to work in the dental department with Dentist and inclusive sterilization process. The major role of DN is to assist dentists in carrying out different kinds of oral-care procedures. The position entails preparing instruments to be used during treatment procedures, recording medical information, and ensuring that patients are comfortable.
Deva Medical Center, is located in Nyarutarama, Kigali. Our dental team has been serving Rwanda and expats and the surrounding area for over 5 years. We take pride in providing a friendly, helpful atmosphere and high quality dentistry. We have a sizable patient pool and are looking for a DN to focus on our patients.
Exciting Employment Opportunity with the Deva Medical Center
Position: Dental Nurse
Duty Station: Kigali, Rwanda
Reports to: Head of Dental Department
Candidates will be considered if they have the following qualifications:
- Must have a registered License as a Nurse approved by the Rwanda Allied Health Council (RAHC).
- An excellent proficiency in English, with the ability to express yourself clearly, both orally and in writing.
- At least 2 years of experience working with a Dentist.
- At least 1 year of experience working in Sterilization area.
- Knowledge of MS Office
- Knowledge of bookkeeping
As a dental nurse you should have:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact with patients in a calm and reassuring manner and to advise them on how to look after their teeth and gums
- Effective listening and good motivational skills to educate patients to maintain healthy oral hygiene and a healthy diet
- The ability to work well in a team as well as independently
- An interest in helping and advising people to look after their teeth and gums
- Good eyesight and steady hands for carrying out precision work
- The ability to concentrate for long periods of time
- Good organizational and multi-tasking abilities
- Ensured the optimum comfort of all quests in reception area and accommodated special requests
- Demonstrate good work ethic, hardworking and honest
- A friendly, confident and professional manner when interacting with patients and colleagues.
As a dental nurse, your responsibilities are;
- PreMix and prepare materials
- Serve as an assistant to the Dentist during treatment by passing relevant equipment and instruments to him, in the same vein retracting and aspirating if necessary
- Ensure all dental instruments are correctly decontaminated(Sterilized)
- Processing and filing x-rays
- Tidying and cleaning the dental surgery.
- Write patient notes efficiently and correctly as dictated by the Dentist
- Advising patients on oral hygiene.
- Carry out stock control
You should have had practical work experience in Dentistry Department minimum 2 years.
We kindly request you to send us your resume (CV) including names and contact details of Dental relevant references) and a cover letter explaining why you would like to work for the Deva Medical Center and what qualifies you for the position.
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter with one Dental related reference to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview
Closing date for all applications related to this vacancy is June 20, 2021 @ 5 pm