Vacancy Announcement Digital Solutions and Innovation Advisor for Digital Solutions for Sustainable Development Programme (DSSD)
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a federally owned international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations. GIZ has worked in Rwanda for over 30 years. The primary objectives between the Government of Rwanda and the Federal Republic of Germany are poverty reduction and the promotion of sustainable development. To achieve these objectives, GIZ Rwanda is active in the sectors of Decentralization and Good Governance, Economic Development and Employment Promotion, Energy, and ICT (Information and Communications Technology).
The project “Digital Solutions for Sustainable Development (DSSD) is supporting collaborative innovation between Government and Startups, meaningful access & digital inclusion , and strengthen capacities of private and public actors.
The project aims at promoting the development of digital solutions in collaboration with sector ministries, local and international private companies, research institutions, and civil society. The development of those solutions is supported and managed by the Digital Transformation Center (DigiCenter). The DigiCenter is a hybrid model aimed at developing impact-driven digital solutions, playing the role of testbed and launchpad for German and European Companies, developing the local eco-system capacities, and replicating and scaling up digital solutions at the regional and continental levels.
GIZ Rwanda is currently looking for a Digital Solution and Innovation advisor with a focus on Smart Cities and Communities integrated in the Digital Transformation Center and the Digital Solutions for Sustainable Development Program (DSSD).
Fixed-term: Aug-2021 – Dec-2023
Position: One (1).
The Digital Solutions and Innovation Advisor is responsible for:
- Supporting all angles of solution development involving all relevant stakeholders, helping to manage technical and process implications
- Driving solution development in a pragmatic result-oriented way
- Making sure there is a multidimensional solution need fit incorporating all relevant stakeholders
- Ensuring solution readiness of future owners and beneficiaries
- Building and sustaining strong ties between the Solution developers and the beneficiaries, creating a strong sense of ownership
- Providing assistance and advice to development teams and partners
The Digital Solutions and Innovation Advisor perform the following tasks:
- Generating a deep understanding of the solution/innovation with its implications to technologies, processes, and success factors
- Facilitating team learning, implement and manage workshops, seminars
- Understanding requirements, motivations, and obstacles in relation to the Solution and how to catalyze or overcome them
- Building on user-centered design to support agile development, testing phases, and the deployment of projects
- Enabling change dialog and – processes if and where needed to ensure successful implementation
- Connecting project leaders to relevant partners by building strong ties with the local innovation ecosystem
Required qualifications, competencies, and experience
- Masters/MSc or BSc in Business Administration, ICT, or other related to the DSSD programme objectives, with a focus on institutional development, ICT, and solution building
- At least 3-5 years professional experience in a comparable position
- Excellent knowledge of the local innovation ecosystem, working knowledge of local and/or continental initiatives in the area of smart cities Experience in working as solution manager or product owner in the technology and innovation area, particularly in the area of Smart cities, urbanization, and urban planning
- Use of innovative technologies for communication and change facilitation
- Interest and understanding of sustainable development and SDG’s
- Prior experience in the area of Smart cities, urbanization, and urban planning is an asset
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Very good communication, presentation, and networking skills
- Proactive in the development and implementation of ideas and proposals
- Good knowledge of English and Kinyarwanda. French or Germany would be an asset
Interested candidates should submit their application (motivation letter, updated CV, certificates, and references) until 15th July 2021, by e-mail to email@example.com The email attachment (max. size 2 MB) should be a PDF file. Please quote the job title in the subject
GIZ is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified candidates. This includes the provision of reasonable accommodation, if needed, in order to participate in the job application and interview process and to perform essential job functions. Please, let us know if you have any particular requirements should you be invited for assessment/interview or that you wish us to take into account when considering your application. Women and persons with disabilities are particularly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for tests and interviews.
GIZ Office Rwanda
KN 41 St. / Nr.17, Kiyovu
P.O. Box 59, Kigali,
GIZ office Rwanda reserves all rights!!