Director of Engineering
Do you enjoy fixing things and having it work as it should? Are you a master multitasker, a fixer, a maker, a doer with the tools to motivate your team and the skill to keep our hotels’ looking top-notch? Then why not come and join us at the Radisson Hotel Group to Make Every Moment Matter! where our guests can relax and enjoy their stay!
The role is far more than just changing a light bulb, in property maintenance we are committed not only to ensuring that everything works as it should but where we strive to deliver a hospitality experience that is beyond expectation – creating memorable moments for our guests.
As Director of Engineering, you will join a team that is passionate about delivering exceptional service where we believe that anything is possible, whilst having fun in all that we do!
Interested then why not say Yes I Can! as we are looking for passionate people just like you!
Key Responsibilities of the Director of Engineering:
- Supports the smooth running of the property maintenance department, where all areas are maintained to the highest levels
- Works proactively to improve guest satisfaction and comfort, delivering a positive and timely response to guest inquiries
- Delivers on plans and objectives where property maintenance initiatives & hotel targets are achieved
- Manages the maintenance team fostering a culture of growth, development, and performance within the department
- Responsible for the departmental budget, ensuring that costs and inventory are controlled, that productivity and performance levels are attained
- Builds and maintains effective working relationships with all key stakeholders
- Delivers an effective planned preventative maintenance programme addressing maintenance, environmental, and conservation matters
- Ensures adherence and compliance to all legislation where due diligence requirements and best practice activities are planned, delivered, and documented for an internal and external audit, performing follow-up as required
Requirements of the Director of Engineering:
- Proven experience in property maintenance with excellent problem-solving capabilities
- Excellent managerial skills with a hands-on approach and lead-by-example work style
- Commitment to exceptional guest service with a passion for the hospitality industry
- Ability to find creative solutions, offering advice, and recommendations
- Personal integrity, with the ability to work in an environment that demands excellence, time, and energy
- Experienced in using IT systems on various platforms
- Strong communication skills
“The Radisson Blu Hotel & Convention Center in Kigali is just 5 kilometers from the bustling city center and Kigali International Airport (KGL). Our contemporary hotel is situated in an office park with Kigali Convention Center, which has room for up to 5,000 delegates. It’s just 2 km from several government embassies, the British High Commission, the Parliament, and the Supreme Court.
The hotel features 292 plush rooms and suites and 2 on-site restaurants, including one with all-day dining, serve up continental and Rwandan favorites as well as the Super Breakfast Buffet. For a light bite or a relaxing nightcap, guests can visit the Lounge Bar.
The hotel also features 18 meeting rooms, including a state-of-the-art auditorium that accommodates more than 2,000 attendees, provides a sophisticated backdrop for weddings and other social events, and after a busy day guests can maintain their workout regimen in our fitness center and relax in the outdoor swimming pool.”
Join us in our mission to make every moment matter for our guests and be part of the most inspired hotel company in the world. At Radisson Hotel Group we believe that people are our number one asset. As one of the world’s largest hotel companies, we are always looking for great people to join our team. If this sounds like an ambition you share, then start with us.
To find out more about the Radisson Hotel Group, our Culture, and Beliefs, then why not visit us at careers.radissonhotels.com.
|Salary||To Be discussed|
|Experience||Minimum 7 years of experience|
|Location||KG 2 Roundabout, Kigali, Rwanda|
|Expiry date||Sat, 24 Jul 2021|