Director of Finance and Administration (DFA-Junior) at Lawyers of hope(LOH) Kigali,Rwanda – CLOSE:22/10/2021
Director of Finance and Administration (DFA-Junior)
Lawyers of hope(LOH) is a Non-Governmental Organization with the mission to seek and reach out to the most vulnerable members of Rwandan Society, in particular Children, Prisoners, Women, and other needy people, to seek Justice on their behalf, and to share with them Christ Love and compassion.
LOH is seeking to recruit a qualified, dedicated and experienced director of finance and administration (DFA) to fulfill the following duties:
1. Job Title: DFA-Junior
2. Reporting to: National Coordinator
3. Location: Kigali City/Kacyiru
4. Nationality: Only Rwanda nationals
5. Period: 1-Year renewable
A. Accounting and Financial Management
- Develop and manage annual and multi-year budgets that are adequate for the organization’s needs including preparation of periodic budget forecasts;
- Prepare and maintain cash flow analysis as needed;
- Analyze monthly financial statements (balance sheet, income statement, and statement of cash flows) and effectively convey analysis to staff as requested;
- Assist in preparing year-end books for audit;
- Ensure operational compliance with policies, procedures, and regulations for any necessary entities;
- Process vendor payments and check requests;
- Process employee reimbursements including managing employee credit card charges and reconcile credit card accounts;
- Reconcile bank accounts and general ledger accounts as assigned;
- Respond to inquiries from staff regarding budgets, deposits, disbursement, and grant reporting requests;
- Oversee the work of all project accountants;
- Assist in reconciling all balance sheet and income statement accounts on a monthly/quarterly basis as indicated by the monthly closing schedule;
- Process payroll and report payroll taxes for the organization;
B. Human Resources, Technology and Administration
- Preparing, organizing, and storing information in paper and digital form;
- Dealing with queries on the phone and by email;
- Welcomes and guides visitors;
- Managing diaries, scheduling meetings, and booking rooms;
- Arranging travel and accommodation;
- Arranging post and deliveries;
- Taking minutes at meetings;
- Typing up letters and reports;
- Updating computer records using a database;
- Ordering office supplies;
- Maintaining overall management and office systems;
- Liaising with suppliers and contractors;
- Liaising with staff in other departments, e.g. Project Management Department
- Managing volunteers and interns;
- Respond to any other call of duty.
- Minimum of a BA in Accounting, Management, any related social science, “Having a CPA Certificate is an added value.”
- Minimum of 3-years of work experience in a similar domain
- Proven knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and practical knowledge in financial systems and internal controls.
- Good knowledge of accounting software (The knowledge of QuickBooks, would be an added advantage).
- Proven experience in treasury activities, establishment, monitoring of budgets, and an understanding of data processing concepts and systems.
- Computer literacy and working knowledge of spreadsheet applications are essential.
- Good oral and written communication skills and team-building skills.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Ikinyarwanda
- Relevant working Experience with nongovernmental organizations, whether local or international.
8. Core capabilities, Skills, and Values
- Christianity beliefs
- Integrity and accountability
- Computer literacy
- Effective communication
- Leadership skills
- Critical thinking
- Quick at learning
9. Method of application
Please submit your application documents, including your resume, motivation letter, copy of your certified degree, 2-recommendations letter; one of which shall be from your Church.
“The candidates with CPA are more privileged”
“Women are encouraged to Apply”
Applications should be submitted via email address firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, 22nd October 2021 at 3 PM.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for written exam.