District Project Officers at Never Again Rwanda (NAR) Kigali,Rwanda – CLOSE:30/09/2021
With the support from USAID Rwanda, Never Again Rwanda will be implementing a citizen participation Program “Dufatanye Kwiyubakira Igihugu” (DKI). It is a three-year intervention targeting 8 districts (5 sectors per district) of Huye, Nyanza, Kayonza, Nyagatare, Ngororero, Rusizi, Musanze, and Burera. The program intends to build upon previous and current work led by Never Again Rwanda on policy engagement and building the capacity of its partners to interact effectively with the government, private sector, media, and the public, at both National and local levels. In order to oversee the delivery of its implementation effectively, NAR is recruiting for the following positions.
DISTRICT PROJECT OFFICERS – NEVER AGAIN RWANDA
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR RECRUITING District Project Officers
Position: District Project Officers
- Plan the district level activities of the project and monitor progress against the initial project plans and milestones in close coordination with USAID Dufatanye Kwiyubakira Igihugu (DKI) COP/Program Manager (prepare and submit weekly and monthly plans on time)
- Actively participate in project planning meetings
- Take a leadership role to introduce the project to local leaders and maintain a healthy relationship with them
- Contribute to the Quarterly and annual planning sessions
- District Officer will be responsible for the quality implementation of the action in their respective duty station District
- Facilitate project initiation at the district level including collaborating with local authorities and other relevant stakeholders to identify the project beneficiaries
- Recruit project beneficiaries based on pre-identified recruitment criteria, take necessary records of recruited beneficiaries in the project database
- Ensure effective implementation of the project at field level, achieving project milestones and deliverables in a timely manner and with minimum costs
- Organize and support representative sessions in effective engagement with local decisions makers
- Facilitate CSO representatives to facilitate feedback sessions with their constituencies on the outcome of government engagement work undertaken by youth representatives within the project.
- Plan, organize and facilitate annual policy dialogue between local decision-makers in collaboration with relevant government authorities at the district level
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree or Masters in Governance, political sciences, democracy, Human rights, Development studies, law, or other related social sciences
- At least 3 years of experience working with youth, local leaders, communities, and local Civil society Organizations
- At least 3 years of experience in similar projects in areas of governance, democracy, human rights, community development, and behavior change
- Experience in overseeing project activities at the district level
- Valid driving license for Motorcycle (A-class)
Interested candidates should send a motivational letter, a curriculum vitae with 2 references, a copy of degrees, and other relevant certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline is 30th September 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications from women candidates are strongly encouraged.