Who We Are
OX is a start-up automotive company with a difference: we are targeting the ~3 billion people in developing countries who have never bought a vehicle, new or used. Our strategy is to deliver affordable freight transport in emerging markets, driving a self-reinforcing cycle of economic growth and social impact. We will do this by implementing a “transport-as-a-service” strategy using our unique electric OX truck.
The OX truck is an all-terrain, high-capacity, zero-emissions truck designed specifically for emerging markets. Thanks to simple, effective, and durable design, the OX truck is more than capable of navigating extreme terrains in poor conditions.
Position Title: Driver Plus
OX Rwanda needs drivers who can manage a wide range of business activities. We call this position “Driver Plus” because the work is much more than driving. Some days you will be driving for our customers, other days you will be working in our call center to receive customer calls, coordinate delivery schedules, or you will do mechanical repair work in our garage, or community outreach and marketing activities. You will be engaged in all the activities required to deliver excellent service at affordable prices to our customers, including the development of the business model.
OX Rwanda will be hiring 4 Driver Plus, start date to be during August. We will only be hiring women during this round of recruitment.
Learn more about our company at www.oxdelivers.com
Salary & Terms
- Salary range: 150,000 – 300,000 RWF/month Net, depending on experience.
- Place of Work: Nyamasheke or Nyamagabe District
- Housing & food provided by company
- Drive our trucks in a safe and professional manner
- Recruit customers in areas surrounding our truck depots and drop-off points
- Manage the schedules required to serve our customers
Assist in depot garage with mechanical maintenance of our fleet
- Communicate to engineering team in UK about road conditions and mechanical challenges faced
- Assist in call center
- Various administrative & financial management tasks
- Driving permit, Class B or higher
- English speaking
- Good phone communication skills
- Ability to learn new skills and tasks
- Flexible attitude
- 2 years or more of driving experience (We will provide driving training to you during the first months of your job if we find that your driving experience or skills are at a low level)
- Experience in community engagement in rural areas
- Experience in business finance and administrative activities
- Basic or advanced mechanics skills
- Ability to use computer & smart phone
- Ability to use MS Excel
How to Apply
Fill the application form at this website: https://airtable.com/shrLvu4EmUC0NuD1k
Note: Only women applicants will be considered during this round of recruitment
Application Deadline: 25 July 2021