VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT – READVERTISED
EDUCATION AND EARLY CHILDHOOD DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
FH Association (Food for the Hungry) is an International Christian, Relief and Development organization with a vision “All forms of Poverty ended worldwide” and a mission; “Together we follow God’s call responding to human suffering and graduating communities from extreme poverty”. FH Rwanda operates in Kamonyi, Ruhango, Muhanga, Gatsibo and Nyagatare districts and is looking forward to expanding its interventions in Ngororero district. Our Head Office is located at Umuyenzi Plazza, 2nd Floor, Kisimenti – Remera.
We are seeking to hire a qualified, dedicated and experienced Rwandan National or International residing in Rwanda for the “Education and Early Childhood Development Specialist” position to support our Program interventions. The position holder shall be based in Kigali Office with frequent travels to the field and reports to the Program Director.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Education and Early Childhood Development Specialist will provide effective capacities and technical guidance in the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation for the ECD and education component in FH programs that include: the strategic planning, increasing funding portfolio through proposal development, networking and fundraising. He/She has the responsibility to provide technical support, quality improvement, represent FH in ECD and education national level technical working groups and in resource mobilization for this sector.
MAIN KEY RESULTS
Program development and technical support (40%)
Resource Mobilization (30%)
External Relations (30%)
- Master’s degree in children and mother Nutrition, Early Childhood Development, Education, Development studies or related fields
- At least 8 years working experience in early childhood development, nutrition, participatory approaches, community mobilization for development, project management or similar position.
- Working experience in a similar role and experience in working with bilateral organizations or INGOs would be an added advantage.
- Demonstrable experience in fundraising through donor networking, development of concept notes and proposals;
OTHER ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS
- Vibrant Personal Relationship with Christ
- Knowledge and experience working with other cultures
- Good skills in proposal development and reporting
- Knowledge in Early child education, nutrition as well as on human right based approach to development
- Technical knowledge in nutrition, education, social protection, gender issues and environment
- Experience with working with local governments, donors and local communities;
- Diplomacy, tactical and negotiating skills;
- Proven experience in managing donor relationships including private donors
- Ability to represent FH in high-level meetings with donors, local Churches and local government.
- Have analytical and problem-solving skills
- Computer proficiency: MS Word, Excel, Access, e-mail, internet
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified candidates should fill in the Job Application Form and attach their cover letter and updated CV/Resume with three professional referees (including email address and day telephone contacts), not later than 23rd July 2021 using the following link: http://220.127.116.11/fhrwjobs/
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted
- If any issues are experienced, please contact us separately at firstname.lastname@example.org
FH Safeguarding Policy
FH strives to provide an environment free from sexual exploitation and abuse and harassment in all places where relief and development programs are implemented. FH holds a zero-tolerance policy against sexual exploitation and abuse and harassment. FH expects its employees to maintain high ethical standards, protect organizational integrity and reputation, and ensure that FH work is carried out in honest and fair methods, in alignment with the FH Heartbeat and safeguarding and associated policies. Violations to stated policies will be subject to corrective action up to and including termination of employment.
Done at Kigali on 13th July 2021
ATTACHMENT:Education and Early Childhood Development Specialist At Food for the Hungry, Kigali-Rwanda - CLOSE 23072021