ELECTRICAL MAINTENANCE SERVICES PROVIDER IN GASHORA EMERGENCY TRANSIT MECHANISM at World Vision International Rwanda, Kigali, Rwanda – CLOSE:04/10/2022
SERVICE DELIVERY TENDER ANNOUNCEMENT
ELECTRICAL MAINTENANCE SERVICES PROVIDER IN GASHORA EMERGENCY TRANSIT MECHANISM.
Tender NO: WVR/SCM/ PO/2022/06/080-1
World Vision is a Christian relief, development, and advocacy organization whose purpose is to create lasting change in the lives of children, families, and communities living in poverty. World Vision is dedicated to working with the world’s most vulnerable children and had been implementing development programs in 28 Districts of Rwanda and WASH, Education, Livelihoods and Environmental protection services in Emergency/Refugee camps.
World Vision, seeks an electrical maintenance service provider (national individual) dedicated and experienced to provide the services in Gashora ETM on daily basis for a period of one year.
NB: The services will be provided in a professional manner by respecting the professional ethics, respecting World Vision and UNHCR Code of conduct and by respecting rules and regulations for working in refugee camp context. Only World Vision remains with the right of owning and publishing all data related to electrical maintenance in general.
- Installing, maintaining, and repairing electrical control, wiring, and lighting systems.
- Performing continuous general electrical maintenance for the entire structures in the compound.
- Inspecting transformers, circuit breakers, and other electrical components.
- Troubleshooting electrical issues using appropriate testing devices.
- Repairing and replacing equipment, electrical wiring, and fixtures.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Perform preventative maintenance inspections and repair all electrical facilities for all structures in Gashora ETM.
- Respond to emergency during or after normal working hours to resolve immediate safety concerns related to electrical system.
- Provide timely technical advice/guidance to the compound management in all pertaining to electrical works
- Provide specifications for electrical appliance/fittings for repair/replacement works in line with available codes and best qualities available in the market
- Perform any other tasks assigned
- Demonstrating Christ-centered life and work
- Achieving quality results and service
- Building collaborative relationships
- Practicing accountability and integrity
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, and prior experience or on- the- job training.
- He/she must have a Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- Must be accredited electrician with valid electrical installation permit from the relevant authorities for multi-storied building and other structures of complex design
- Knowledge standard practices, processes and related tools, equipment and materials common to the electrical system.
- Skilled in the installation, repair and maintenance of all types of electrical systems.
- Good Interpersonal Skills and Self-motivated
- Minimum of 2 years for previous experience of working in emergency response and/or humanitarian context
- Experience of working as an electrician within an NGO
- Fluency in written and verbal English or French (preferable) and the ability to communicate confidently and effectively in these languages (written and spoken)
- Experience in undertaking assessments and providing overviews of electric requirements for a complex structure.
- Experience in establishing strong working relationships with colleagues from different functions and cultures
- Experience of a flexible approach to managing and prioritizing a high workload and multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, and proactively identifying and addressing issues.
Working Environment Conditions:
The Electrical maintenance services provider will conduct h is daily duties in Gashora Emergency Transit Mechanism.
Eligibility for Application
All Rwandans (Individuals or companies) that fulfil the required experience and qualifications are allowed to apply.
Submission of proposals:
The submission of bids will be done through WVR e-procurement system. Individuals interested in bidding must express their interest starting from 19/09/2022 by providing their details through this link The deadline to express the interest is on 04/10/2022 at 01:00 pm.
The services will be provided for the period of one year starting upon the date of signing the agreement between Service providers and World vision Rwanda as well as the duration of the project.
As a child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not work with service providers whose background is not suitable for working with children. All engagement is conditional upon successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Done at Kigali on 19th September 2022
Ms. Pauline Okumu
World Vision International-Rwanda
- Category : Tenders