CALL FOR THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Title: Executive Director
Report to: Chief Commissioner
Location: Kigali, Rwanda – With national and international travels
Association des Guides du Rwanda (AGR) is a non-profit organization with the mission of enabling girls and young women to acquire skills leading to their development and autonomy and to become agents of positive change as responsible citizens. To achieve its mission, AGR would like to employ an Executive Director to fulfill tasks and responsibilities hereafter detailed:
In conjunction with the National Board, provide vision and leadership to the organisation and develop, lead and implement the mission and long-term strategy of AGR. Ensure the strategic allocation of resources and positioning of the organization to deliver more opportunities for more girls in Rwanda.
Responsible for the leadership, management, and administration of the organization within the strategic, policy, and accountability frameworks defined by the Board. Support the Board to fulfil its governance duties and responsibilities.
1. Provide vision and leadership to the organisation in order to deliver growth, influence and visibility national wide and outside the country.
2. Recruit, motivate and retain the talent and skills needed to realize the organization’s priorities.
3. Lead the implementation and performance of AGR Strategic Plan, ensure its monitoring and evaluation and proper actions towards its success.
4. Mobilize resources and secure funding in order to promote the mission and vision of AGR.
5. Work cohesively and collaboratively with the Board to:
Finance and Planning
6. Develop and deliver overarching strategic and operational plans and budget, to deliver the vision and mission.
7. Safeguard and monitor the overall financial health of the organizaiton including formulating and managing budgets and resources as a whole, and developing, overseeing and monitoring an effective programme of income generation.
8. In partnership with the Chief Commissioner, ensure that the Board sets clear, compelling and achievable strategic objectives and strategic priorities.
9. Oversee risk management across AGR and ensure that appropriate plans are in place to mitigate identified risks.
10. Make effective, well-coordinated, and timely communication a distinctive competence at all levels throughout the organisation, in particular with District Commissioners, elected volunteer leaders, and staff
11. Ensure that the organisation excels in maintaining positive and productive relationships with media, funders, donors, and other organisations.
Legal and Regulatory Compliance
12. Ensure that the organization fulfils all its legal, statutory and regulatory responsibilities in accordance with the Rwanda Governance Board regulations and current legislation.
13. In conjunction with the Chief Commissioner, enable the Board to fulfil its duties and responsibilities for the proper governance of the charity and ensure that the Board receives timely advice and appropriate information on all relevant matters.
Ensuring High-Quality Governance
14. Work with the Chief Commissioner to ensure that all members of the Board receive appropriate induction, training and development (both as individual and collectively) to optimise the utilisation and productivity of each Board member.
15. Recommend high-level policies for development in consultation with the Board, and be responsible for the efficient and reliable fulfilment of these policies.
16. Pursue and document relevant training and attendance at meetings, conferences and events to enhance performance and stay updated in all matters relevant to the role.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
How to Apply
All applications must be sent through to email@example.com ahead of the closing date. This application should include:
Closing Date: Friday 24 September at 12.00 pm
Done in Kigali 20 September 2021.
AGR Chief Commissioner
Stay in touch with Tohoza and we'll notify you about best ads