EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI) FOR NEW CONSTRUCTION/BUILDING WORKS AT THE RWANDA INSTITUTE FOR CONSERVATION AGRICULTURE IN BUGASERA at Rwanda Institute for Conservation Agriculture (RICA), Bugesera, Eastern Province, Rwanda – CLOSE: 18/11/2022
Call for Expression of Interest (EoI) for New Construction/Building works at the Rwanda Institute for Conservation agriculture in Bugasera.
Rwanda Institute of Conservation Agriculture (hereinafter referred to as RICA) is situated in the Gashora Sector, Bugesera District, of Rwanda. The project is funded by the Howard G. Buffet foundation and is in the process of completing its third phase of construction and in the process of expanding its current facilities and collaborations with subsidiary projects of the foundation such as the One Acre Fund Housing and Seed Hub Center for Excellence in Phase 4.
This call for expression of interest is for construction works on building of new single storey housing structures for phase 4. The expression of interest (EoI) will run in (two) 2 Stages:
Stage 1 – Expression of interests; evaluation/qualification of vendor/bidder to receive the tender packs.
Stage 2 – Tender Packs; scope information sent, site vists, evaluation of bids against scopes tendered for. (Only qualified/eligible companies to be invited to take part)
The project scopes include:
Scope 1 – Phase 4 housing: The scope consists to 2 bills;
- RICA Housing and Comminity Centre
- One Acre Fund Housing
This scope consists of; Site Clearing works, ground leveling, Civil works, foundation works, structures, concrete works, Brick/block works, MEP/Ventilation, Sewage, Structures, Waterproofing/roof works, Data/IT, drainage, stormwater drainage, Access routes/roads, Hard/Soft Landscaping, Internal/External Finishes, FF&E.
Generally, the project scope focuses on the build of new single storey housing structures for the growing RICA campus and housing structures for RICA’s partner subsidiaries, landscaping and access. Vendors/Bidders are advised to quote for the scopes if they can demonstrate technical and previous experience.
Required expertise and experience to tender
- The Construction Company (s) MUST have demonstrated experience in completing construction projects or building works or fabrication/manufacture and onsite install.
- Ready to provide references and showcase to RICA Construction Team & Consultants some of the previously completed project or current projects.
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience in similar work.
Please note: Only Construction Companies who fit the required expertise and experience will be eligible to receive the tender packs with the scope information for tendering.
Upon receiving the tender pack, vendors shall complete the following Tasks
- Provide Costs for works against the BOQ for the scope.
- Provide a methodology for execution of scope
- Provide resources list/technical team to execute scope.
- Provide a detailed programme of works for the execution of the scope including any procurement or manufacturing.
The Assignment is expected to start in 2023 and run through various months from the time of signing a contract depending on the availability of the scope location, as RICA is an operating school some scope items availability may be subject to the operations of the school.
Terms and conditions of the Client
The type of contract and the client’s conditions;
- FIDIC contract for engagement
- Contractors will be required to build to Rwanda Building Regulations
For all civil engineering works the applicable references standards will be SANS standards.
Interested and eligible Construction company (s) or firm shall submit the following:
- Expression of interest addressed to the RICA Construction Team and Consultants by completing the Vendor information form and sending it to the provided email address.
- Demonstration of technical experience with Personal CV(s) of leading technical personnel proposed for the scopes listed highlighting qualifications and experience in similar tasks; and confirmation of scope interested in.
- Work/Project references – contact details (email addresses) of referees (Projects/scopes or similar assignments in the past three years).
- Firms should also provide:
- Company registration certificate.
- Tax Clearance Certificate.
- Social Security Clearance Certificate.
Submission and Deadline
All required documents must be written in English and submitted electronically to email@example.com on later than Wednesday 16th November 2022 at 05:00PM Rwanda Time. Late submission will be rejected.
After Review of EoI submitted, All eligible/qualified vendors will be informed and requested to take part in Stage 2 of this tender no later than Friday 18th November 2022 at 05:00PM Rwanda Time.
VENDOR INFORMATION FORM
EoI Number: 002/EoI2023
Project Manager/Technical Specialist who will be assigned to the project
Check box that the following are submitted as part of this Quotation
- Cover letter highlighting the company’s applicable experience, certifications and standards company follows. Please list any subcontractors used for any part of the indicated scope.
- CV of the Project Team/Technical Specialist
- References from two projects completed. Indicate size, complexity and scope detailed in project.
- By checking this box, I confirm my company has resources available for the above proposed services during Jan-Aug2023 timeframe.
- By checking this box, I confirm the Project Team/Technical Specialist and any other key project resources are available in November to visit the RICA campus and survey existing information and confirm if any missing information is required
- By checking this box, I confirm that if awarded this contract I will be willing to sign a services contract based on Rwanda Institute of Conservation Agriculture template/terms.
SUPPLIER AUTHORIZED REPSENTATIVE
- Category : Tenders