RECRUITMENT OF FIELD OFFICERS
Job title: Field officer (volunteer)
Reporting to: Project coordinator
Health Poverty Action (HPA) is a UK based organisation that has been working in Rwanda since 1998 (registered under RGB) in projects related to girl’s education, youth employment, sexual reproductive health, gender-based violence and WASH, respectively funded by DFID, USAID, Irish Aid and Enabel, FCO and EU. Over the last 22 Years, HPA has impacted the lives of thousands of individuals in rural settings supporting them to make significant changes in their lives and their communities.
HPA is currently looking for experience field officers (volunteers) on GBV prevention and GBV victims’ social reintegration respectively to be based in Gisagara, Rusizi, Nyamasheke and Karongi.
Manage and support all field interventions towards project beneficiaries.
Duties and Responsibilities (these duties are a general summary and not all inclusive):
- Serve as a role model and develop and maintain a constructive, positive relationship with project beneficiaries, and providing guidance and support through daily interaction and promoting their Personal Development Plan (PDP).
- Collaborate, supervise and/or participate with project beneficiaries in various activities,
- Participate and Ensure project representation in sector of working groups at the district level;
- Supervise the implementation of the project to achieve the anticipated results;
- Ensure that all project components are implemented according to the project plans, in order to meet all goals and objectives.
- Produce monthly and annual reports in relation to the project activities;
- Keep good communications between the project and partners;
- Work closely with M&E to ensure timely data collection, monthly and annual reporting;
- Ensuring that any success stories are properly recorded;
- Ensuring that lessons learned are documented and disseminated for project visibility;
- Develop state specific session plans for the workshop and corresponding tools to carry out the trainings;
- Carry out training sessions on Gender Based Violence and GBV victims’ reintegration;
- Building knowledge and skills of participants and support the victims of Gender based violence.
- Documenting the training workshop and prepare a detailed report of each training including the list of participants and change in learning outcomes.
Required Qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor degree in Social Sciences, social work, Development Studies, Management or others related with at least 3 years of experience;
- Extensive project field skills and experience in GBV prevention;
- Proven experience as field officer or relevant similar position
- Use of MS word, excel and power point;
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills;
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English, Kinyarwanda;
- Capable to work under pressure.
Location: Gisagara, Nyamasheke, Rusizi and Karongi districts
Terms: 2 (two) years contract
Interested Candidates should send a CV, 2 references, a letter of motivation to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for submission of applications is 7th July by 16:30 pm. Late applications will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Done at Kigali, on 24th June 2021
By Maurice Nizeyimana
HPA Country Director