July 28, 2021
Job Opportunities in VisionFund Rwanda
‘’Make a difference to thousands in the land of a thousand hills’’
VisionFund Rwanda (VFR), is Rwanda’s largest microfinance Institution committed to the development of Rwanda through providing affordable financial services (savings and loans) to the less privileged throughout its 4zones in Rwanda. VFR is the institution where you can develop your expertise working with the best people worldwide in a dynamic, team focused high performance environment. If you are looking for interesting but challenging work where you can make a difference in the world, then VFR has the will to make it so. VFR needs to recruit experienced and qualified staff on following positions:
Finance Accelerating Saving Group Transformation Manager-FAST
Reporting to Head of Operation
Work location: Head Office/Kacyiru
The purpose is to support branches in scaling up the Savings Group Loan or as called by VisionFund the FAST product. Planning, overseeing and leading projects from ideation through to completion. Maintaining FAST related projects plans, project schedules, budgets and expenditure. Organizing, attending and participating in stakeholder meetings, monitoring projects progress, investigating variances. Promoting VFR image based on attractive marketing techniques and strategies. The role is required to be a middle management position reporting to the Head of Operations and has a dotted line to Regional FAST Advisor. The position is based in headquarter with frequent travel to the branches.
- In collaboration with SMT develop and update VFR FAST strategy.
- Initiates and write funding proposals for the company
- Leads and manage the implementation of FAST, and other complementary funding partnerships;
- “Champions” the efforts in savings groups financial linkage, especially World Vision S4T’s’s, Care International VSLA’s and other partners;
- Maintains all incoming and outgoing project documentation;
- Monitors projects progress and handle any issue that arise;
- Leads and drive new product development initiatives;
- Secures growth opportunities and initiates new projects.
- Developing roll out plan which includes location, staffing plan, required budget and projections.
- Ensure that both PAR 1 and PAR 30 Days are maintained within the set standards.
- Ensure growth of FAST loan portfolio by budget numbers.
- Support branches in building a pipeline of potential savings groups.
- Tracking CRO performance on daily basis through Power Bi.
- Monitor FO & BM performance on regular basis.
- Regularly coach and train FOs
- Train FOs at appropriate intervals.
- Continuously train BMs for effective monitoring.
- Supervise on daily basis the project team and ensure everyone achieves the set targets
- Ensures special project team attend devotion on time.
- Train WV, VFR staff, including HQ and AP on FAST products.
- Train VFR branch staff on the product and procedures.
- Implementing technical improvements with ODK as they emerge with cooperation of VFI IT team.
- Coordinate and support impact surveys as needed.
- Collect and share lessons learned with wider SG implementing MFIs.
- Liaise with IT to set up necessary channels including the functioning of ODK/LMMS and mobile money where possible.
- Oversee/ implement the recruitment / hiring / on boarding of FOs together with P & C
- Coordinates loan officers working on THRIVE and Kiva related activities.
- Ensures that there is good collaboration with branches and other departments to get THRIVE and other projects goals attainment across the network;
- Exchanges information with the Head of Operations and other departments and secures adequate information flow within the organization on different ongoing projects.
- Recommends to the Head of Operations any proposed major changes that may be needed on projects implementations.
- Champions the effort in mobilizing partners VFR may work with to reach the mission.
- Manages relationship with clients and stakeholders.
- Ensures marketing plans, tools, and techniques that will promote VFR image and boost its market share;
- Confirms proposals to improve the overall image of VFR;
- Ensures cost-efficient and effective marketing strategies and tools that are appropriate for the desired market.
- Liaise with other departments in the MFI and with WV national office to improve fundraising work.
- Organize visits (virtual and physical) fundraising trips.
- Monitor implemented activities according to budget and activity plan.
- Support MFI management in relations with WV in putting forward case for accessing WV savings group (including funding).
- Ensure files presented for approval in the credit committee are FAST compliant
- Ensure FAST policies are up to date and part for relevant Business Manuals (Credit and P & C Manuals)
- Be active part of the FAST group, led by the VFI director and first advisor for SG linkage, including participating in quarterly update meetings and bilateral, biweekly progress update meetings.
- Ensure proper reporting FAST loans in core banking system and Bank BI.
- VFI fundraising reporting: quarterly reports to VFI fundraising.
- Prepare fundraising reports for the board.
- Timely submission of ongoing grant reports, usually quarterly to existing donors/partners implementing FAST eg Care, ORORA wihaze,…
- Ensures that all required accounting, financial and/or other reports are timely and accurately prepared and submitted to the respective partners;
- Conduct THRIVE, KIVA project annual review and create detailed reports for executive staff whenever necessary.
Qualification, experience, skills and knowledge
Education: University Degree in economics, accounting, Management, project management or business administration
Experience: 4Years in Project Management.
Skills and knowledge:
- Experience in credit and deposit operations.
- Determined personality with initiative, perseverance and the ability to motivate and manage a team
- Capability and willingness to take responsibility and highly developed sense of rectitude
- Ready to comply and live up to and in accordance with the organization Ideals and Core Values
- Be a good trainer, facilitator, mentor, and coach
- Very good communication and marketing skills
- Good knowledge in economic and financial topics
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
VisionFund Rwanda is willing to offer you a competitive salary, challenging work where you can make a difference in the world, develop your expertise by working with the best people worldwide in a dynamic, team focused and high performing environment.
How to apply
Should you wish to apply for this position, please go https://worldvision.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WorldVisionInternational/details/Finance-Accelerating-Saving-Group-Transformation-Manager_R9038 All applicants must apply using our online application system, CVs received via email or standard post will not be considered.
If the aforementioned positions speak to you, carefully complete the pre-screen questionnaire and attach your Application letter together with detailed and updated CV via above mentioned Link by or before 12th August, 2022.
In case you face any challenges in applying, please let us know on: [email protected] (no applications will be accepted through this email).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
By sending in your application, you consent to VFR running a background check on.