The International Development Law Organization (IDLO) is implementing the Land Conflict Resolution Project (LCRP), which is part of the broader Land-at-Scale project-Rwanda. Through this project, IDLO seeks to enhance land security in Rwanda by strengthening public confidence in the registration of land transactions.
Under the direct supervision of the Program Lead, Rwanda, the Finance and Admin Manager will be responsible for coordinating the implementation of the financial policies, procedures, and guidelines to provide optimum efficient and effective support to IDLO’s programming. The Finance and Administration Manager will manage finance activities in accordance with the goals and strategic needs of the organization and work in coordination with the Program and Finance Units at IDLO Headquarters in Rome, Italy.
The incumbent will be responsible for;
- Effective and accurate financial resources management and oversight;
- The implementation of program financial management and operational procedures; and
- Program budget management and proper control of accounts.
Specifically, s/he will lead on the following duties and tasks:
- Lead in the monthly financial close of the Country Office (CO) and the production of monthly financial reports;
- Prepare relevant financial management reports related to the Country Office, and ensure accuracy of the reports prepared, taking necessary corrective measures into consideration; **
- Review all expenses and comply with internal control systems in accordance with IDLO policies, accrual accounting, and donor rules;
- Ensure that financial procedures in place comply with the financial and procurement requirements of IDLO as well as donor rules and regulations;
- Ensure that supporting documentation is complete and accurate (of amounts, proof of receipt of services or goods) prior to payment;
- Advise on corrective actions needed if there are weaknesses in terms of document content and compliance issues. Ensure that payments are made only after approval has been obtained from the budget holder.
Cash and bank management:
- Prepare monthly and annual Cash Flow forecasts, review and consolidate monthly cash forecasts for the country office ensuring funds are fully reconciled before submitting to Rome for processing;
- Ensure adequate availability of funds for program implementation and operational costs at any one time;
- Work closely with IDLO bankers ensuring all interests related to IDLO are in place;
- Prepare monthly cash and bank reconciliation ensuring all issues arising are addressed within a reasonable time;
- Ensure adequate controls around the management and use of cash, including appropriate cash counts and reconciliations on a periodic basis.
Grants and budget management:
- Ensure costs are allocated in accordance with the approved program budgets and IDLO chart of accounts;
- Coordinate with program staff to prepare grant budgets to support new proposals or realignments to ensure adequate coverage of cost;
- Review of actual vs. budget results to ensure maximum utilization of budgeted amounts and to provide recommendations for realignments as required.
- Coordinate the sub-granting processes, monitoring, and management systems to ensure effective and timely issuance, reporting, and oversight of all sub-grants;
- Maintain sub-grant tracking sheet and filing system for all sub-grantees proposals, agreements, financial reports, and outstanding advances;
- Review all sub-grant monitoring reports and prepare management summaries of findings and recommendations for discussion with the Country Manager;
- Review the periodic cash projections and cash transfer documents to the sub-grantee and advise on potential risk issues in relation to these transfers. Ensure financial reports are reconciled prior to making payments to subgrantees;
- Ensure each sub-grantee submits financial reports in accordance with sub-grant agreements and review financial reports for reasonableness; verifying consistency in programmatic delivery and financial spending.
Filing financial documents:
- Ensure all original documents are properly coded and filed for ease of future reference prior to shipment to HQ;
- Ensure that all electronic copies of all documents shipped to Rome are maintained at the CO, filed electronically and in sequence;
- Ensure that all vouchers related to payments have been defaced with a “paid” stamp.
- Serves as the primary point of administrative contact and liaison with other offices, individuals, sub-grantees, and institutions on operational matters concerning the Program;
- Support in Human Resources management including leave management and payroll.
Audit and compliance:
- Be the lead contact at the CO on audit-related exercises;
- Support the CO whenever audit requests are submitted, ensuring that the auditors are provided with the necessary supporting documents in a timely manner.**IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE**
- University degree in a relevant field e.g. Accounting or Finance
- Relevant professional accountancy qualification and member of ICPAK
- Excellent written and communication skills in English and Kinyarwanda;
- Fluency in French would be an advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the field of accounting, reporting, financial analysis, and financial management preferably within international organizations with donor-funded programs
- At least 3 years supervisory experience
- Demonstrated working knowledge of International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS)
- Demonstrated work experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems, preferably with MS NAVISION. Knowledge of Power-BI would be an advantage
- Knowledge of and experience with spreadsheets (advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel is a must), database, and word processing software
- Experience working with multi-partner projects is highly desirable.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Significant experience with accounting system management (preferably with Microsoft Dynamics NAV)
- Knowledge of the administrative procedures of an international development agency would be an asset;
- Competency with financial data systems and spreadsheet processes;
- Ability to handle a large volume of work in an effective and timely manner;
- Proven ability to see through tasks set and deliver results;
- Proven ability to develop and foster productive working relationships across a globally based organization;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Proficient use of other ICT software and internet software;
- Keen sense of ethics, integrity, and commitment to IDLO’s mandate.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
For this locally recruited position, IDLO shall offer the selected candidate an Affiliate contract of 12 months, with the possibility of extension subject to performance and availability of funding.
In addition, IDLO shall offer a yearly basic salary, medical insurance, and leave entitlements including in accordance with IDLO Employee Regulations and Rules.
This local position is open to candidates who are nationals of the duty station, or with permanent resident status or other legal authorization permitting them to work in the duty station. An employee subject to local recruitment shall not be eligible for the allowances or benefits exclusively applicable to international employees.
Applications will be screened on regular basis; a qualified applicant might be recruited before the deadline. In the interest of making the most effective use of resources, only short-listed candidates will be contacted during the selection process.
IDLO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in all areas of its operations. We welcome applications of qualified and diverse candidates.
IDLO is committed to achieving a 50/50 gender balance at all levels within its workforce. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for IDLO vacancies.
IDLO does not tolerate sexual exploitation or abuse, any kind of harassment, including harassment of a sexual nature; or discrimination. As such, IDLO will conduct careful reference and background checks of all selected candidates as part of its selection process.
DISCLAIMER AND CLOSING DATE
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Contractor assigned to this work. This may not be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality and in compliance with IDLO’s policy on personal data protection.
The Director-General of IDLO reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities or even to cancel the recruitment to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Application deadline: 19 October 2021 (23:59hrs Rome Time).