Finance Manager at CBM Rwanda (Christian Blind Mission), Kigali – CLOSE 08-01-2021
Finance Manager at CBM Rwanda, Kigali - CLOSE 08-01-2021 - Job Advert at TOHOZA.com
CBM is an international Christian development organization, committed to improving the quality of life of people with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world. CBM addresses disability as a cause and consequence of poverty, and works in partnership to create an inclusive society for all.
We are looking forward to recruiting a:
Country Finance Manager
The Country Finance Manager will be responsible and accountable for all finance matters in the Country Office ensuring strong financial discipline in the Country Office finances and implementing control and compliance checks to ensure donor funds are utilized by the partners in line with CBM and donor agreements.
Financial management support to programmes
- Set-up and maintain strong control processes to ensure that financial resources are used by partners in compliance with CBM financial policies, standards and procedures, and with specific donor requirements and contracts and provide training/coaching as needed.
- Work in direct liaison with the programme team and provide ad hoc reports as may be required.
- Perform periodic audits or spot-checks of partner financial management and control systems.
- Enforce partner delivery of timely, complete and quality finance reports in line with CBM’s requirements, including annual financial statements; verify quality and provide feedback to partners.
- Maintain database of partner reporting records.
- Give immediate notification of (critical) finance issues, and engage actively in the resolution of these issues.
- Monitors cash balances with partners.
Budgeting and planning
- Coordinate all aspects of the annual and multi-year budget process with partners, in line with CBM’s budget guidelines.
- Conduct the financial and legal compliance part of partner assessments.
- Oversee the development of the budget component of all proposals, ensuring all costs are accounted for and maximum costs are recovered; hold authority to sign off on the financial component of proposals.
- Include finance capacity development measures into partner project proposals; conduct training of Partner organisations in financial management of grants.
- Prepare and manage all aspects of the annual Country Office budget.
Country office management and control
- Manage the finances of the Country Office in line with CBM standards, local regulations, and applicable donor regulations.
- Manage the financial risk register of the Country Office.
- Validate the Country Office payroll, and ensure tax calculations, social security and other statutory contribution are made in line with relevant CBM internal and national regulations.
- Maintain internal accounting system and records, and ensure reliability and integrity of financial management information systems, documentation and reports.
- Ensure that internal control procedures and donor regulations are adhered to for all cash and bank disbursements, receipts, transfers and include appropriate backup of supporting documentation.
- Monitor costs versus budget, bank balances, cash balances and asset purchases.
- Ensure that any purchase, lease or sale of assets is done in accordance with procurement guidelines and receives the required approvals.
- Control and maintain a CBM country asset register and inventory, in line with CBM or donor requirements, as applicable.
- Organize and manage the annual audit of Country Office accounts and prepare, manage and implement follow-up plans based on given recommendations.
- Manage the preparation, circulation, filing and archiving of all accounting, financial and contractual documents in conformity with CBM procedures.
- Ensure compliance with in-country financial regulatory requirements including statutory accounts, audit, tax filing, social security contributions, etc. and work on other compliance matters with the relevant functions:
- Administration function: CBM in-country registration and annual reporting to relevant authorities,
- Human Resources function: labour law.
- Manage banking relationships (e.g. opening and closing of bank accounts).
- Submit timely and complete reports to the Country Director, Regional Hub Office and International Office as per agreed timetable and in line with established reporting requirements.
- Provide regular budget monitoring reports (budget vs. actual expenditures) and other financial reports to budget holders/stakeholders as required for periodical analysis and provide recommendations for budget realignments as required.
- Regularly and pro-actively inform/update the Country Director on arising financial issues with a potential impact on Country Office management.
- Ensure compliance with in-country statutory accounting and reporting requirements.
Staff Line Management
- Adequately resource the CBM country finance function in terms of staff numbers, skills and capacity and manage the country finance team based on performance.
- Actively participate as a member of the Senior Management Team in the Country Office.
- Participate and actively contribute to learning platforms in the region and at the international level within CBM upon request, and make recommendations for enhancements to relevant policies and procedures to create operational efficiencies.
- Be available as a potential member of CBM internal Teams of Competence regarding finance/accounting matters.
- Other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the Country Director.
- Carry out the role-specific responsibility to safeguard children and adults at risk (as guided by CBM’s relevant policies).
- Prompt resolution of audit and critical issues.
Education, Knowledge & Professional Experience
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, Internal Audit; professional qualification in accounting an advantage (e.g. ACCA, CIMA, CIA).
- A minimum of 5-years of experience in a senior position ensuring effective financial management, systems and controls, including institutional grant management, particularly with an international development organization.
- Advantage of lived experience with disability.
- Solid understanding of project cycle management.
- Thoroughness and business acumen.
- Attention to effective written and verbal communication.
Competencies and Skills:
- An effective team player who is able to work diplomatically and with sensitivity with individuals from a variety of cultures, professions and personal backgrounds.
- Ability to develop finance management capacity in others, and promote the importance of solid financial controls internally and to partners.
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Ability to perform all tasks in a confidential manner.
- Willingness to commit and adhere to CBM’s values and Child Safeguarding Policy
- Advanced skills with MS Office, particularly Excel
- Familiar with accounting packages
- Knowledge in MS Navision and MS SharePoint solutions advantageous
- Proficiency in English and Kinyarwanda; French is an added value
Candidates with the required profile are invited to submit via e-mail, a meaningful letter of motivation, stating why he/she wishes to work for CBM, CV, three professional references and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 5:00 pm, 8th January 2021
CBM encourages persons with disabilities who qualify to apply for this position.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Kigali, 23rd December 2020
CBM Country Director, Rwanda