GLOBAL HEAD OF CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS at One Acre Fund, Kigali, Rwanda – CLOSE: 30/01/2023
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 per cent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
At One Acre Fund, the communications team doesn’t just announce decisions, it shapes the decisions themselves. The Global Head of Corporate Communications helps the CEO and senior leadership team advance our goals. You will manage our external and internal communications units (a 20-person team) and lead critical change management efforts in a decentralized organization with 10,000 staff and nine diverse operating countries. You will design strategic communications initiatives to support critical priorities, such as redesigning staff pay or improving impact for farmers. This is an opportunity to guide a growing organization and manage change at the highest level.
- Advise executives. Share strategic judgment and advice about how to roll out major changes across a complex organization. Report to the Office of the CEO and directly advise One Acre Fund’s Global Leadership Council, Country Directors and DEI Council on high-stakes decisions and sensitive communications.
- Manage a 20-person team. Manage our External Communications and Internal Communications units, which are led by experienced Directors and have 20 staff combined. Provide strategic guidance and hands-on support to these units to build our corporate identity and deepen staff engagement. Develop staff over time.
- Lead change management. Guide 2-3 organization-wide change initiatives each year. Build relationships across the organization with senior staff. Working with the relevant departments, ensure that partners are well-informed and that complex projects are on track.
- Write on sensitive topics. Develop nuanced messaging on topics such as diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI). Prepare the CEO and other senior leaders for high-stakes public engagements, and ghostwrite important communications directly.
- Manage organizational risks. Together with your deputies, anticipate risks and manage crises. Use judgment to decide when to escalate issues to the leadership team.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- 10+ years of work experience in external/internal communications or change management
- 5+ years of experience advising executive leadership teams in a decentralized or multi-country organization
- 5+ years of experience in writing and developing clear, nuanced messages
- 5+ years of progressively senior management experience and a track record of developing staff
- Experience building agreement among diverse leaders and keeping complex projects on track
- At least 3 years of professional experience in a One Acre Fund country of operation preferred
- Education: At a minimum, a Bachelor’s degree is required for this position
- Language: English required; French, Swahili or Kinyarwanda a plus
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Flexible location. Any One Acre Fund operating country; Nairobi or Kigali preferred.
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
One Acre Fund can support a work permit for this role. However, nationals of (or those with an extensive professional background and work history in) our countries of operation are preferred.
30 January 2023
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace.
How to Apply
To apply for this job in Rwanda, please click on the Apply here button bellow
- Category : Management Jobs