Global Remote Sensing Manager at One Acre Fund, Kigali, Rwanda – CLOSE: 25 January 2023
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
The role of the Remote Sensing Manager is to make One Acre Fund more impactful by improving farmer livelihoods in the context of a changing climate. You will: 1) lead outreach and interactions with remote sensing providers, 2) serve as the in-house expert on remote sensing capabilities and 3) coordinate deployment of remote sensing technologies across different use cases. You will report to the Global Impact Director.
- Scope, contract and coordinate remote sensing providers and partnerships to unlock new impact
- Support the impact team to deploy remote sensing technologies across its portfolio, including in crop health, micro-insurance, and payments for ecosystem services
- Manage the exchange of data between One Acre Fund and external remote sensing providers
- Liaise with internal operations teams to ensure that remote sensing tools are integrated into field work
- Motivate people to use new data platforms to deepen impact
- Lead research projects on remote sensing for more frontier use cases
- Represent division leadership, internally or externally
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- 4+ years of relevant experience with remote sensing applications for agriculture, agroforestry, or nature-based carbon programs.
- University degree in a related field (e.g. Earth Imagery, Precision Agriculture, Environmental Science + GIS). Advanced degree is a bonus.
- Verbal and written abilities across different audiences – from non-technically-trained colleagues to external experts.
- Demonstrated data skills and ability to advise on design of internal data sets to better suit remote sensing platforms.
- Experience building trust and understanding for peers from diverse contexts to to bring them together to collaborate, especially with new technologies and innovations.
- The ability to coordinate diverse work streams and external relationships.
- Enthusiasm for learning.
- English required. Swahili, Kinyarwanda, Kirundi, or French.
- Willingness to travel within the region.
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Kigali, Rwanda or Nairobi, Kenya
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
One Acre Fund can support a work permit for this role. However, nationals of (or those with an extensive professional background and work history in) our countries of operation are preferred.
25 January 2023
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
How to Apply
To apply for this job in Rwanda, please click on the Apply here button bellow
- Category : Management Jobs