HEAD IT at BRAC, Kigali, Rwanda – CLOSE: 10/12/2022
BRAC is the world’s largest, and leading development organization dedicated to poverty alleviation and empowerment of the poor. Initiated in Bangladesh in 1972, BRAC now operates in 11 countries across Asia, Africa. To counter poverty and promote social empowerment, BRAC strategically integrates development programs in microfinance, agriculture, health, education, human rights and legal aid, community empowerment and more.
BRAC Rwanda Microfinance Company PLC is registered with Rwanda Development Board in September 2018 and was approved license from National Bank of Rwanda to operate Microfinance and other financial services in Rwanda. BRAC Rwanda is looking for competent, dynamic and self-motivated Rwandans to fill the following regular position.
Position: Head IT
Job location: Rwanda Head Office
Gross salary: TBD
Major Duties and Responsibilities of Head IT:
Strategy Development and Implementation
- Working with other members of the executive management team, contribute significantly to the development of BRAC Rwanda’s business strategy. Provide strategic and planning input and monitor how BRAC Rwanda’s operations can be improved to leverage technology innovations, increase critical business drivers and achieve business objectives such as minimize costs, increase outreach, and maximize uptime and data security.
- Develop BRAC Rwanda’s IT strategy and ensure alignment with the overall BRAC Rwanda business and BI strategies
- Co-ordinate and oversee key IT components of business project implementations – banking system rollouts/upgrades and digital financial services channel (e.g. mobile money, DFA) implementations.
- Effectively manage projects from start to finish including needs assessment/evaluation, scope of work creation, contract negotiation, and delivery of consultancies, review and approval of deliverables and invoices, and project closure.
- Maintain high standards of accuracy in the information and advice provided to Board, Executive Management, and employees
Management of the IT Function
- Ensure operational integrity of all IT infrastructure (software and hardware)
- Participate in various Board and Management Committees as assigned by the Chief Executive Officer.
- Oversee the delivery, installation and proper configuration of all new IT infrastructure and upgrades
- Build and present strong business cases for all significant IT investments
- Oversee the documentation and application of sound and up-to-date IT principles and ensure compliance with local banking and finance legislation, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Identify IT requirements and ensure that all IT function and activities are fully resourced, budgeted for and performance managed to maximize return on IT investments.
- Act as a technical advisor to Management and all users in all matters relating to IT, applications system improvements, enhancements, or changes by remaining current with new developments in the industry.
- Work with department heads to understand business challenges, objectives, and bottlenecks they face in order to advise on the use of channels and technologies that could enable the business and provide solutions.
- Ensure security and compliance requirements are built into all systems to minimize fraud and enhance information security
Performance Management & Capacity Building
- Set, monitor, and assess achievements against performance targets, quality standards, and service agreements
- Set, monitor and evaluate the performance of all IT staff against agreed performance standards.
- Ensure regular client, supplier and staff satisfaction surveys regarding IT services and takes corrective action.
- Ensure the delivery of high-quality service standards to internal and external clients on issues related to IT.
- Participate in new product development initiatives to ensure appropriate IT skills exist to provide technical support
- Work with HR in establishing an effective and efficient team with the capability to manage and carry out IT roles.
- Working with HR, identify skill gaps and organize IT training for BRAC Rwanda staff
Technology Risk Management
- Develop and maintain a framework for managing BRAC Rwanda’s cyber and information security risks
- Develop, enforce, monitor, and document housekeeping and security policies and procedures for all technology systems for the purposes of disaster recovery and user security.
- Responsible for ensuring existence of effective IT disaster recovery plans, monitor and enforce regular testing of DR plans
- Provide effective vendor management to ensure value for money in all IT-related transactions
- Negotiate terms and conditions for purchases and provides ongoing support with computer hardware, software, telecommunication, and power.
- Develop and maintain an effective change management policy and procedure
- Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
- Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies(Required)
- Business and technical skills in key technology functional areas such as delivery channels, application development, communications technology, financial services technology.
- Passion for, knowledge and understanding of new technologies and digital delivery channels
- Ability to delegate effectively amongst teams and show commitment to the long-term development of team members through coaching, mentoring, and the creation of development opportunities
- Proven ability to drive change through collaboration and influence
- Excellent interpersonal relations and presentation skills
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Demonstrated professional judgment, consistency, and strong attention to detail
- Ability to deal with complex problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations
- Disposition to share IT knowledge fully and willingly with other employees in the interest of the company
Educational Qualifications/ Professional Degree, & Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree is a must, Master’s Degree is added advantage Computer science, Computer Studies, Engineering, or related field
- ITIL certification is required. Other Industry certifications e.g. MCSE, CCNE, MDBA, PRINCE2 a plus.
- At least ten (10) years’ work experience in management of IT within a financial institution (preferably banking) or professional service firms
- At least five (5) years supervising the management of core banking (preferably Temenos) and alternate delivery channel systems in a cyber-secured environment.
- Demonstrates progressive information technology management and leadership roles
- Experience managing interdisciplinary teams and working in multi-cultural organizations
Candidates need to send a signed Cover letter in PDF format indicating the title of position applied for, updated CV mentioning educational and professional qualification, years of experience, and notarized scan copies of academic qualifications. All those documents should be sent through email: firstname.lastname@example.org , Application deadline is 10th December 2022 at 16.00 hrs.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be called for written test and interview.
- Category : Other Jobs