Head of Monitoring, Results Measurement, Learning & Communication (MRMLC)
Access to Finance Rwanda (AFR) is a Rwandan not-for-profit company established in 2010 by the Governments of the United Kingdom and Rwanda. AFR is currently funded by UK’s Foreign, Commonwealth, and Development Office (FCDO), Sweden, the MasterCard Foundation, and USAID.
AFR is part of the broader Financial Sector Deepening (FSD) Network of programs in Africa that seek to improve the livelihoods of low-income people and contribute to the desired economic transformation by supporting efforts to improve financial inclusion and financial sector development.
AFR’s intention is to remove systemic barriers that hinder access and usage of financial services by low-income people, particularly the rural poor, women, youth, and MSMEs. AFR supports the development and provision of financial services including saving, credit, insurance, pension, payments, remittances, and capital market development.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Head of Monitoring, Results Measurement, Learning & Communication (MRMLC) is responsible for supporting the effective design, measurement, and adaptive management of impactful interventions. The role holder shall play an integral support role to program teams in identifying interventions that have the potential for a beneficial impact on Rwanda’s financial systems and on the beneficiaries who we serve.
This involves leading the functions that contribute to AFR’s position as a thought leader and knowledge hub; including learning, knowledge management, and communication, ensuring that knowledge is curated and communicated in a way that is accessible and relevant to all stakeholders. She/he is responsible for managing the systematic monitoring, evaluation, and review of learning from AFR’s programs and accountability reporting in accordance with DCED standards. The Head of MRMLC also oversees AFR’s Communication and Knowledge Management activities; seeking to ensure that impactful approaches are publicized widely, in an influential manner, so as to stimulate the critical mass of utilization necessary for systemic change (‘crowding in’).
Reporting line; The position reports to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
Supervises; MRM Manager, Communications Manager, and Knowledge Management Specialist.
Download the technical job advert
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The MRMLC will be responsible for the following key tasks:
- Lead the MRMLC Team (MRM, Knowledge Management, Learning, and Communications) to contribute to the development of innovative strategies for enhancing the growth and inclusiveness of Rwanda’s financial sector and, through that, support targeted areas of the real economy.
- Lead the development and implementation of AFR’s Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Systems, and Resources; ensuring that they support the efficient collection, analysis, and dissemination of data and information.
- Manage and coordinate the entire program of reviews and visits that will enable AFR to adaptively manage the performance of projects and achieve targeted outcomes and impact.
- Ensure that AFR staff and stakeholders are provided with technical advice and support, enabling them to carry out Communications, MRM, and Learning activities according to best practice.
- Oversee the development and implementation of AFR’s Communication and Influencing Strategy; aiming to enhance AFR’s impact through effective (wide-reaching and impactful) communication and to ensure that DCED standards for reporting are met.
- Lead the team of staff and consultants in a manner that empowers them to add value to AFR and deliver high standards of performance.
- And other duties as requested by the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Post Graduate Degree in Monitoring & Evaluation, Development Economics, Research, or other related fields
- Professional qualification in monitoring and statistical techniques preferred
- Certification in Project Management (e.g. PMP/ PRINCE2) is an added advantage
JOB-RELATED EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Minimum of 7 years post-graduation experience in monitoring and evaluation of donor-funded programs.
- Excellent knowledge and conceptual understanding of MRM & application to international development & financial market systems development
- Demonstrated commitment to academic integrity and a track record of analyzing both successes and failures for opportunities to improve; experience of Quality Management Systems or approaches an advantage
- Track record of developing and operating a MEL system in practice; including data collection tools development
- Knowledge of research methods and techniques, with strong data analysis skills
- Proven experience in conducting and managing baselines and evaluations
- Demonstrable experience in the application of Knowledge Management techniques in both managing and disseminating information
- Very good written and spoken English; fluency in Kinyarwanda and French are also desirable
- Expert use of MS Office (Advanced Excel)
HOW TO APPLY
All candidates should submit their applications by clicking on the “Apply button” on this page and fill their details by 16 June 2021 at 5.00 pm (CAT)
The application should contain a Resume with an e-mail address, daytime telephone contact, qualifications, achievements, experience, and names & addresses of three referees together with a cover letter (maximum 2 pages) summarizing why you consider yourself particularly well suited for the position. Do not attach any other documents at this point.
All applications will be selected on merit and only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
For any questions regarding the application process please contact us at, email@example.com (DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION ON THIS EMAIL)
Qualified Rwandans candidates are encouraged to apply.
Note: This position is open to local, regional and international candidates with relevant experience and qualifications.
ATTACHMENT:Head of Monitoring, Results Measurement, Learning & Communication (MRMLC) At Access to Finance Rwanda (AFR), Kigali - CLOSE 16062021