Health & Safety Manager at LuNa Smelter Ltd, Kigali, Rwanda – CLOSE: 12/08/2022
Kigali, July 26, 2022
LuNa Smelter Ltd is Rwanda’s established tin smelter in Kigali Rwanda. As part of its optimization and localization plans the company is recruiting professionals to fully optimize its production capacity and hence cater for the country’s growing demand in the mining sector, and that of the region.
LuNa Smelter Ltd is looking for an experienced professional to fill the following vacancy;
Health & Safety Manager
Reporting to: Managing Director
Employment Type: Full time
Required Experience, Skills, Qualifications and Competencies
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in safety management or relevant field is preferred
- A minimum of five (5) years relevant work experience in Public service or Private sector,
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to details
- A strategic and analytical mind
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proven experience of 3-5 years as Health and safety manager.
- Deep understanding of legal health and safety guidelines.
- Ability to produce reports and develope relevant policies
- Good knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment
- Outstanding attention to detail and observation ability
- Certified in risk management and health/safety management is an added advantage
Key areas of responsibilities
- Identify and provide relevant safety and health interventions which will assist the company to attain its objectives
- Support the development of OHS policies and programs
- Conduct training and presentations for health and safety matters and accident prevention.
- Monitor compliance to policies and laws by inspecting employees and operations.
- Conduct risk assessment and enforce preventative measures
- Review existing policies and measures and update according to relevant legislations
- Stop any unsafe acts or processes that seem dangerous or unhealthy
- Initiate and conduct awareness training on Safety & Health issues affecting the company
- Conduct health and safety audits and inspections on the smelter, exploration and mine sites, both surface and underground to identify issues or non-conformities
- Investigate all incidents and accidents to determine root causes and handle compensation claims.
- Prepare accurate records and reports on occurrences and provide health and safety statistical information to the management of the company
- Ensure there is adequate supply of PPEs for all employees and compliance to use of PPEs by everyone.
- Ensure that health and safety objectives and targets for LuNa Smelter are rolled out and effectively implemented at areas of responsibilities.
- Inspect equipment, work places and machinery to observe possible unsafe conditions.
- Advise and instruct on various safety-related topics (noise levels, dust, fumes, chemicals, falls and use of machinery etc.)
- All other duties assigned to him by the superiors as per the current requirement in the organization
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are requested to submit their curriculum vitae (CV) to [email protected] not later than August 12, 2022.
Email subject: Must clearly state the “job title” you are applying for.
CV Naming: Your CV name must bear both your first and second names respectively.
Note: This position is open locally. All candidates applying for this position will be selected on merit and only those short-listed will be invited for interviews.
- Category : Other Jobs