Job Description: Human Resources Officer
Why Choose IntraHealth
At IntraHealth, we are a global team of creative, committed humanitarians on a mission. We are advocates, technologists, health workers, and communicators. Program officers, finance experts, and technical leaders. We are passionate and diverse. And we’re united in our belief that everyone everywhere should have the health care they need to thrive. That’s why we work every day to improve the performance of health workers around the world and strengthen the systems in which they work.
For almost 40 years in over 100 countries, IntraHealth has partnered with local communities to make sure health workers are present where they’re needed most, ready to do the job, connected to the technology they need, and safe to do their very best work. Our programs are designed with a deep understanding of and appreciation for the context of human rights, gender equality and discrimination, economic empowerment, and changing populations. And the longstanding relationships we have built with government agencies, private-sector partners, and members of civil society make our efforts stronger and more effective. Join us and together we can make lasting changes in global health—for all of us.
The USAID Ingobyi Activity is a five-year cooperative agreement to improve the quality of reproductive, Maternal, newborn and child health (RMNCH) and malaria services, in a sustainable manner with the goal of reducing neonatal, child and maternal mortality in Rwanda. The Ingobyi Activity builds upon the tremendous gains Rwanda has made in the health sector as well as previous USAID investments in the health sector to provide a healthier, more productive future for all Rwandans. Ingobyi works to improve the availability, quality and utilization of RMNCH and malaria services with resilience and sustainability.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
IntraHealth International seeks a Human Resources Officer for the USAID Ingobyi Activity. Reporting to the Senior HR & Operations Manager, the HR Officer will provide professional support to the IHI – Rwanda team by performing human resource management functions encompassing organizational management, HRIS, talent acquisition, and HR services among others
Under the guidance of the senior HR & Operations Manager, the HR Officer will perform the following tasks:
- Administrate the HR information systems (HRIS) to ensure that it is maintained updated and functional.
- Managing our internal HRIS databases, keeping employee records in digital formats, and educating users on how to use our HR Information systems.
- Train system users on functionalities and new features
- Support the Senior HR & Operations Manager to create account for new hires in Tenrox and UltiPro.
- Responsible for adding relevant staff documents to the Electronic File Management System.
- Support the Senior HR & Operations Manager to review timesheets for all staff monthly.
- Collate annual leave plans from all staff for effective leave planning, monitoring, and management in line with HR Policy provisions.
- Update and maintain staff leave documents and ensure that leave taken is properly documented with approvals by the authorized signatories.
- Share the updated leave tracker for monthly payroll allocation.
- Track leave requests in Tenrox.
- Support the organisation’s initiatives, including staff trainings and compliance.
- Avail policies, guidelines, and policies to be received by a new hire per the established checklist;
- Follows up enrolment for and maturity of staff life and medical insurance;
- Assists in tracking staff insurance claims and other cases liaising with the Insurer;
- Supports the provision HR related information as requested by responsible bodies including government authorities, donors, and partners;
- Support the Senior HR & Operations Manager to organise and coordinate monthly general staff meetings.
Talent Acquisition & Management
- Support the Senior HR & Operations Manager to coordinate and facilitate recruitment and internal mobility process.
- Facilitate the standard and comprehensive orientations for new hires.
- Provide efficient logistical arrangements for interviews, staff orientations and generate relevant paperwork.
- Follow up on compliance submissions such as signed policy documents, contract renewals, probationary assessments, police clearances, submission of certified qualification copies etc. to ensure personnel records completeness at all times.
- Facilitate the process of annual appraisals including training staff, following up on the process and conducting performance review sessions when appropriate.
- Assists in the management, maintenance and updating of Temporary and casual staff’ database.
- Perform any other tasks that may be required by the line manager.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration with specialisation in HR and Public Administration.
- At least 5 years’ working experience from INGOs in the field of Human Resources Management, two of which working as a HRIS Administrator or similar role.
- Hands-on skills and experience with databases and HRIS.
- Excellent analytical and reporting skills
- Advanced knowledge of labor legislation and data protection regulations
- Demonstrated success as a HR generalist supporting employees of 100+
- Broad knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, and training and development.
- Good knowledge of USAID rules and regulations.
- Detailed understanding of policies and procedures governing accountability of USAID’s HR Management, Planning, recruitment, talent management and separation.
- Experience creating and maintaining a dynamic & good working environment.
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain accurate inventory records, to include receipts and equipment transfers.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with prioritization.
- Strong collaborator with effective interpersonal and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to work, manage, and meet competing deadlines in a fast-paced.
- Aptitude for problem solving and decision making needed.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills required.
- Capable of managing conflict and conflicting views.
- Good knowledge and experience of HRIS systems/ electronic based HR management software preferred.
- Well organized in her/his work, motivated and innovative
- Sense of assertiveness and time management
- Good written and spoken English and working knowledge of French is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 package and HIRS.
Managing Performance: Ability to plan and design practices, processes and procedures that allow for effective management of people, resources and processes to optimize overall organizational performance. Managing for performance includes the ability to delegate and encourage growth and leadership across the team(s) as part of maximizing performance and productivity.
Strategic Thinking: Applies organizational knowledge to identify and maintain focus on key success factors for IntraHealth while recognizing, anticipating and resolving organizational challenges. Ability to develop organization- and industry-specific expertise and apply sound decision-making processes to reach productive resolutions that translates strategy into actionable business plans.
Effective Communication (Oral & Written): Understands effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, explain complex technical concepts in simple, clear language appropriate to the audience; and receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors
Risk Management: Knowledge of processes, tools and techniques for assessing and controlling the organization’s exposure to risks of various kinds; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Innovation: Develops new, better or significantly different ideas, methods, solutions or initiatives within assigned role that result in improvement of IntraHealth’ s performance and meeting objectives, results and global commitments.
Accountability: Holds self and others accountable for all work activities, research and personal actions and decisions; follows through on commitments and focuses on those activities that have the greatest impact on meeting measurable high-quality results for IntraHealth’ s success. Exercises ethical practices, respectful words and behaviors, and equitable treatment of others in all activities.
SUMMARY OF BENEFITS
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is also to include inquiry about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
HOW TO APPLY:
Learn more about IntraHealth Careers @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/careers
Learn more about “Who We Are” @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/about-us1
Note: Please, apply by or before June 22, 2021