Internal Control Officer at Health Sector Staff – Mutual Aid Group (HSS-MAG) Kigali,Rwanda – CLOSE:24/09/2021
RECRUITMENT NOTICE Nº 003/09/2021
To address constraints hindering the quality of health services in Rwanda, the Government of Rwanda recommended the Ministry of Health to define strategies to motivate and retain health professionals in the public sector. The Ministry of Health has identified the Health Sector Staff – Mutual Aid Group (HSS-MAG) among the multidimensional strategies that can be implemented to incentivize and retain health professionals in public health facilities in Rwanda. In 2017, the HSS MAG registered as a savings and credit scheme for health sector staff, with the primary objective of improving their socio-economic conditions and promoting access to finance, by assisting staff to make savings and access low-rate loans.
HSS-MAG wishes to recruit the competent and self-driven persons on the following position regardless the gender and other kinds of discrimination.
1. RECRUITMENT DETAILS:
A) Position: Internal control Officer
Number of needed staff: One per position
Employment period: Open-ended period (Full-time)
Working place: HSS-MAG Head Office
2. INTERNAL CONTROL JOB PURPOSE STATEMENT
Reporting to the General Manager, the Internal Control Officer is responsible for increasing the operational efficiency of HSS-MAG, detecting and eliminating fraud, and ensuring compliance with relevant regulations
2.1. Key responsibilities
- Review of credit bookings and system limit for approvals, documentation, and perfection
- Review of risk asset reports for unauthorized credits disbursements and set up rates
- Review of the cheques-in-clearing process for irregularities
- Monitor month-end and member’s statement distribution for prompt and efficient delivery service
- Review of contingent asset and liability instruments for proper approvals and documentation in compliance with the HSS-MAG’s credit policy
- Review of credits in general for performance and recovery efforts on problem loans
- Review member’s complaint register and suggestion boxes
- Review all sensitive accounts to ensure that they are operated in line with the approved policy of HSS-MAG
- Lead the process for internal controls reviews across the HSS-MAG
- Deliver adequate and timely reporting on the internal control framework and control
- Deficiencies to ensure appropriate communication, documentation, escalation to business partners, senior leadership and audit committee
- Deliver adequate and timely action plans and monitor progress to address and resolve control deficiencies
- To plan, organize and carry out the internal controls function including the preparation of an audit manual and audit plan.
- Conduct risk assessment of all Units
- Reports risk management issues and internal controls deficiencies identified directly to the General Manager and Audit Committee and provides recommendations for improving the organization’s operations
- Carry out detailed investigations when discrepancy, cash suppression or fraud is noticed.
- Internal control checks and records to safeguard HSS-MAG assets.
- Make recommendations regarding facilities, equipment, personnel, procedures and systems to improve operational efficiency.
- Evaluate compliance with existing HSS-MAG policies and procedures, identifying and proposing modifications as needed.
- Identify areas of financial and administrative strengths and weaknesses and develop best practices.
- Develop and implement appropriate operating procedures to ensure compliance with HSS-MAG and industry policies.
- Monitor and provide advice to management to minimize risk resulting from poor controls.
- Daily, weekly and monthly report.
- Ensure compliance with KYC procedures in processing new customers in an effort to control Money Laundering activities.
- Ensure that suspicious transactions are identified and duly reported as per the reporting guidelines to the General Manager for further action.
- Ensure implementation of treasury and Cash management policies in the back office and report any identified weaknesses.
- Ensure Implementation & Compliance with Business Continuity Management Policies.
- Monitor and evaluate procurement process in compliance with HSS-MAG procurement policy.
- Monitor system access user rights and all IT related processes
- Review and monitor any other process that is initiated either as a result of a new product or Service for which HSS-MAG may bring on board.
- Actively seek standardization and automation, apply and implement best practices for managing internal controls and deploy innovative technology where possible to enhance and continuously improve the design and operating effectiveness of the controls, documentation, provides support to the HSS-MAG’s anti-fraud programs.
- Review the responses to internal and external audit management letter queries to ensure that recommendations are implemented and ensure that all action items are resolved
2.2. Key measurable goals
- Reliable financial reporting;
- Effective and efficient operations;
- Minimum frauds & forgeries;
- Compliance to the internal polices Manuals and procedures
2.3. Skills & Competencies:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft office programs
- Knowledge of existing regulatory framework
- Excellent reporting skills
- Flair for details.
- Analytical thinking
- Account reconciliation skills
- A good numerical skill
- Ambitious professional with a Bachelor’s Degree in Accountant, Business and Administration, Finance or related field having a master’s degree is an advantage;
- At least three (3) years of relevant professional experience from a Microfinance environment or any other financial institution.
- To be between 25 and 38 years old
JOB APPLICATION PROCEDURES
Interested candidates should submit soft copies of the motivation letter; copy of ID; CV and copy of required degree, other important documents, and a Maximum of 3 persons of professional references addressed electronically to the HSS-MAG Office at the Ministry of Health, latest 24/09/2021 at 6:00 PM on the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions/clarifications may be requested by email to the following email address: email@example.com
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the exam and interview.
Done at Kigali, on 03/09/2021