GOLDEN PLAZA, 3rd Floor
KG 546 Street 1
P.O. Box 6639-Kigali
Tel.: + (250) 738795924
Internship Opportunity – Informatics Professional Intern
For almost 40 years in over 100 countries, IntraHealth has partnered with local communities to make sure health workers are present where they are needed most, ready to do the job, connected to the technology they need, and safe to do their very best work. Our programs are designed with a deep understanding of and appreciation for the context of human rights, gender equality and discrimination, economic empowerment, and changing populations. And the longstanding relationships we have built with government agencies, private-sector partners, and members of civil society make our efforts stronger and more effective. Join us and together we can make lasting changes in global health—for all of us.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
IntraHealth seeks a research intern for the USAID Ingobyi Activity. The Ingobyi Activity supports the Ministry of Health (MOH) to contribute to the reduction of infant and maternal mortality and incidence of malaria in Rwanda, focusing on improving the availability, quality, and utilization of RMNCH and malaria services and improving the health of women, adolescents, and children under five. The research intern will assist the MEL Team to deliver day-to-day administrative support to the ongoing operational research projects. The duration of this internship is for a three (3) month period with the possibility to be extended for another period of three (3) months depending on the Intern’s performance and availability of funds.
The internship offers the Intern an opportunity to apply knowledge and skills learned from a training institution in a real-world setting. Therefore, the Intern is not entitled to wages or a promise of employment at the completion of the internship period. The activities carried out during the internship must be in conformity with the IntraHealth International Rwanda Office’s mission and goals, as well as the mental and physical capabilities of the Intern.
- Support the Ingobyi Activity Informatics and Use Advisor to provide programmatic guidance and technical assistance to strengthen knowledge management and data demand within the Ingobyi Activity and throughout all levels of the health sector.
- Support the Informatics and Use Advisor to develop appropriate strategies and tools for strengthening the use of HMIS data, including the creation of DHIS2 training resources, user guides, and data use protocols.
- Support Ingobyi technical staff to access and use other data visualization technologies for ongoing program monitoring and adaptability. E.g., DHIS 2, Tableau, Power BI, QGIS/Reveal, and other applications.
- Works closely with other teams across the organization and contributes to team meetings to understand and mitigate issues as well as improve performance.
- Support, Develops, updates, repair, and modifies DHIS 2 modules to comply with the USAID Ingobyi Activity requirements.
- Trains new DHIS 2 users on data management and provides technical support at all levels.
- Supports users by developing documentation, quality assurance, collection, and assistance tools.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Fresh graduates – graduated within the last two years.
- A minimum of bachelor’s degree or higher in informatics, health informatics, information technology, information systems, ICT, Computer Science, public health, or other related fields.
- Computer literacy and ability to use Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience using digital data collection tools such as Kobo Collect, ODK.
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to support the digitalization process.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, interpret, and present data such that it can be easily understood and relevant for decision making.
- Rwandan nationality.
- Good communication skills in English and/or French – knowledge of both languages is an asset.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly.
- Current enrollment in a medical insurance scheme.
How to apply:
Applications must be sent to the Chief of Party via email: HR-Rwanda@intrahealth.org with “Informatics Intern” in the subject line, no later than July 1, 2021.
The application file should be submitted in one PDF file that combines:
- Motivation letter and updated CV which has 3 professional references, including current and previous direct supervisors with their full names, phone number, and email address.
- Copy of academic degrees.
- Copy of medical insurance card.
- Proof of completed assignments if any.
Note: Any application that does not comply with the above instructions will be rejected.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment and consultancies.