Job advertisement for Medical Supply Limited (RMS Ltd): (Application deadline: 16 July 2021
RMS Ltd is a State-owned company created by the Government of Rwanda with the mandate of managing the end-to-end health supply chain for Rwanda. RMS Ltd provides pharmaceuticals and health commodities towards 5 rights: the right patient, the right drug/dose, the right cost, the right route, and the right time. The vision of RMS Ltd is to ensure quality and timely availability of all health commodities to the public through a cost-efficient, sustainable and effective supply chain. Drugs will be available throughout the country through an economical and financially sustainable supply chain that can meet current and future need and manage increasing complexity RMS Ltd is looking for qualified, dedicated & experienced individuals to fill the following positions:
6. Legal Officer
Tasks and responsibilities
- Providing legal advice and assistance to management and internal departments; practicing preventative law
- Assisting management in understanding legal and contractual risks and mitigating those risks
- Drafting, reviewing and revising contract documentation, including tender documentation and ensuring it is qualified in the best interests of the Company
- Assisting management in negotiations with clients, joint venture partners and major subcontractors
- Provide support, advice and guidance as necessary to the members of the RMS teams and senior managers on legal and contractual matters on projects, in both main and sub-contracts
- Be aware of and when required, become involved in contractual disputes with Clients and subcontractors so that claims and disputes are handled in such a way as to achieve the optimum commercial advantage for the company, with minimum risk; Prepare settlement paperwork and ensure this is completed effectively
- Collaborating with external solicitors in litigation and other legal matters concerning the Companies’ business
- Coordinating and ensuring the implementation of the Group’s liability insurance programme at Company level
- Develop and maintain standard contract and subcontract templates.
- Assist in the development of processes and procedures to regulate tendering and contract management activities
- Provide reports as required to meet the requirements of both local and corporate reporting on defined activities
- Provide advice to Company in respect of Company’s legal obligations; keep Company advised on updates and changes to such legal and regulatory obligations and advise on company secretarial matters
Qualification and Skills
Bachelor’s degree in Law with at least 5 years’ relevant experience.
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should send their application documents (in one PDF document) including Curriculum Vitae, copy of ID, copies of degree certificates and professional certificates, motivation letter, names of three previous supervisors as well as their emails and telephones.
All applications are to be addressed to the Chief Executive Officer of Rwanda Medical Supply Ltd through the following email address: email@example.com
Deadline for application: Friday, July 16th, 2021 at 5:00 pm.
1. Only applications sent via the above e-mail shall be considered.
2. Only Candidates with the right qualifications and relevant experience shall be shortlisted and contacted.
3. Incomplete applications shall be rejected