Logistics Officer at WFP – World Food Programme, Kigali, Rwanda – CLOSE: 02/12/2022
To collect, analyse and report on information to maximise efficiency of the logistics operations and activities.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Contribute to developing and implementing logistics plans and procedures in line with the global WFP supply chain and regional/functional strategies, policies and plans to achieve operational cost efficiency, agility, reliability, and quality and support national capacity strengthening.
- Support the planning, implementation, and management of Logistics Contracting and transport activities, initiatives in compliance with the established strategies, policies, procedures, and controls, and following corporate standards, with particular emphasis on quality control, loss prevention, risk mitigation and cost-effectiveness.
- Perform analysis and detailed conceptual work putting together comprehensive reports identifying opportunities for improvement and effective operationalisation of Logistics Contracting and transport management activities.
- Organize, lead, and participate in logistics meetings/committees, including the local transport committee
- Ensure that accurate and complete accounting, reporting, and internal control systems in managing transport contracting and operations are functioning and that all relevant records are maintained.
- Provide technical contributions to market analysis and supply chain network mapping to inform the selection of appropriate operation modalities to improve supply chain performance.
- Contribute to adequate logistics preparedness through contingency planning and continuous logistics preparedness reviews.
- Manage service providers/vendors, transporters, and operations to promote safe, efficient planning and execution of WFP operations and safeguard WFP’s interest.
- Guide and supervise junior staff, contribute to developing their technical skills, act as a point of referral and support them with more complex analyses and queries, and coordinate to ensure individual and team objectives are achieved.
- Participate in developing further procedures (SOP) improvements in the relevant area of responsibility.
- Identify and build productive partnerships with counterparts amongst government and other national organisations, UN agencies, NGOs and the private sector to share operational knowledgeand resources and build capacity to ensure coordinated and cost-effective supply chain operations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Education: Advanced University degree, preferably in Supply Chain Management, Logistics & Transport, Engineering, Economics, Business Administration, Logistics, or another related field, or First University degree with additional 2-5 years of related work experience and training/courses.
- Experience in managing logistics operations contracting and performance management, logistics services markets assessments, and retail engagement, including coordination with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in evaluating offers and writing proposals and reports.
- Experience managing relationships and national capacity-building initiatives with UN agencies, NGOs, the private sector, and government organisations.
- Experience evaluating and selecting service providers and suppliers.
- Experience identifying operational risks and maintaining documentation on emergency preparedness.
- Experience in implementing approved corrective actions to improve performance and monitor progress.
- Experience supervising staff Knowledge & Skills: Master in Negotiation, analysis and writing skills Languages: Fluency (level C) in the English language.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
Provide oversight and support to logistics work to ensure the unit’s performance is at a high standard, maintain top performance in the region and globally, including timely, effective, and efficient delivery
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This Position is open for Rwanda Nationals only.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
02 December 2022
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
How to Apply
To apply for this job in Rwanda, please click on the Apply here button bellow
- Category : Management Jobs