Job Description – Marcomms Coordinator One&Only Nyungwe House and One&Only Gorilla’s Nest
This is a summary of the key duties and responsibilities related to the position below and includes the skills, experience, and educational background required by the employee, as well as the competencies and behaviors that are expected at this level.
1. POSITION DETAILS
- Position Marcomms Coordinator
- Level Colleague
- Department Sales & Marketing Rwanda office
- Reports to Director Sales & Marketing Manager
2. JOB DETAILS & REQUIREMENTS
Responsible for assisting the Director Sales & Marketing with the administration and smooth running of the day-to-day office operations. Provides detailed support to Director Sales & Marketing with Marketing and PR-related administration tasks.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Effective running of the Marketing department and complete coordination of marketing and PR administration processes.
- Provides daily administration assistance and support to Director, Sales & Marketing and Reservations to ensure maximum productivity.
- Manages all Marketing and PR purchase requests, account reconciliations, expense management, expense trackers, invoice reconciliation, petty cash, and other administrative tasks.
- Manages trade site requests, gift certificate requests,s and other partner requests as directed.
- Reviews processes and implements systems that will increase general office productivity and reporting formats.
- Assists with marketing activity, advertising activity, digital activity.
- Assist Marketing through a variety of tasks including (but not limited to) providing standard content and image requests for both trade and media, review of trade brochure inclusions, basic proofing, and other supporting with global requests.
- Produces management reports and data analysis reports.
- Produces high-quality presentations for reporting requirements as required on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Maintains site inspection log and alerts Property Manager weekly to arriving site inspections and familiarization.
- Handles and coordinates ad hoc reservations and site inspections.
- Manages general correspondence (including the professional composition of emails), reports, client letters, etc.
- Produces high-quality standard templates and accurate excel spreadsheets for reporting purposes.
- Assists with preparations of trade shows ensuring timely registration, payment of fees, and dispatch of collateral.
- Handles the preparation of gift and prize certificates, all courier, freight, and mail activities including posting.
- Working collaboratively with the Sales and Marketing Director to drive strategy across multiple customer markets and to educate on the benefits of the product
- Executing brand-related events to maximize the PR value and opportunity generated by such events
- Developing Specific communications materials including story pitches, messaging guidelines, press releases, presentations
- Ensure all creative assets and sales and marketing materials adhere to global One&Only brand guidelines and templates e.g. print ads, display ads, social ads, fact-sheets, brochures, gifting etc.
- Ensure all on-resort guest-facing collateral and communications follow global One&Only brand guidelines and templates e.g. in-room compendiums, spa menus, resort branded items, activity sheets, etc.
- Develop materials and assets required to promote One&Only Nyungwe House and One&Only Gorillas Nest and ensure they maintain up-to-date and factually correct. Own and develop resort press material.
- Work with the Marketing Manager and Global Commercial Team across resort photo and video shoots and ensure assets are shared with the wider community and uploaded onto the central system.
- Work with an identified designer to Design and create marketing collateral in line with the One&Only global standards and ensure the quality and accuracy of design aligns with the global brand.
- Manage the print production of collateral and understand the different specifications and processes available.
- Work closely with Marketing Manager to develop email marketing calendars and content plans.
- Work closely with Marketing Manager to ensure resort website is continually updated with most recent information and content.
- Execute media relations, events, social media, and other emerging media platforms and ensure all activity is maximized.
- Ability to host and manage media on the resort, including flight support, itinerary creation, and more
- Manage the media database on Salesforce
- Develop all key messages for the resort and ongoing story angle development for media and editorial
- Develop monthly social media content calendars to be approved by Global Social Media Team
- Collaborate with agencies, freelancers, community outreach organizers, media, and other vendor partners.
Skills, Experience & Educational Requirements
- Tourism, Marketing or PR and Communications undergraduate desirable
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation)
- Strong Excel and Powerpoint skills – minimum of the intermediate level required
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Strong influencing skills
- Strong report writing skills
- Opera PMS and Delphi knowledge desirable
3. CORE VALUES & COMPETENCIES
Blow Away the Customer
- I care and work towards exceeding the expectations of my customers
- I am proactive and deliver unique and everlasting memories for our customers
Develop Passionate and Committed People
- I am committed to being thoughtful towards our colleagues
- I am passionate about my role
Continuously Strive for Perfections (good enough never is)
- I constantly seek new ways and ideas to improve what I do
- I am inspired to make a difference
Achieve Sustainable Bottom Line Performance
- I am honest and fair
- I take responsibility and contribute towards the financial performance of where I work
4. Functional competencies
- I present a professional image according to established standards
- I adapt my communication to the audience and the message to be delivered
- I am able to develop effective written communications
Functional Skills & Knowledge
- I understand the full scope of my duties and demonstrate initiative
- I take responsibility for my actions
Planning & Organizing
- I set realistic goals both for myself and my colleagues in line with company strategies
- I am capable of handling multiple priorities effectively
Team Management & Development (Influencing & Working with Others)
- I am able to influence others when required to speak and present ideas
- I am able to work with other colleagues and departments effectively
Problem Solving & Decision Making
- I have the ability to involve all the appropriate people to resolve problems in the business.
- I proactively facilitate prompt and appropriate decision making
Innovation & Creativity
- I regularly seek new opportunities for change
- I assist in resolving resistance to change
I have read and understood the duties required of me and will adhere to and perform them as required.
How to apply
To apply for this position please submit your CV and a brief statement of interest by using the “Apply for this job” button below.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
The deadline: 29 July 2021