Title: Marketing Communications Manager
Reports to: Head of Brand and Communications
Location: Africa HQ, Kigali-Rwanda Rwanda (with some travel to East/West Africa and other locations such as UK)
Role Brief: We are looking for a Markets Marketing Communications Manager with minimum 8 years’ experience in marketing, brand and communications and project management. The responsibilities of this role will include developing, leading, and executing a results-driven, multi-platform communications strategy, and marketing campaigns in line with corporate and brand direction while reflecting local market priorities. You will work under the supervision of a Head of Brand and Communications to produce effective and high-quality work for Bboxx markets. In this role, you should be highly proactive, very organized, and oriented towards results and sales. You should be able to manage several projects at the same time and work easily with different teams. If you are passionate about marketing and communications strategy and channels strategy in different markets and eager to work in fast-paced environment, we would like to meet you. Your goal will be to create impactful ROI marketing campaigns and activities (online and offline) that drive sales and raise our brand awareness in our markets. Part of the Group Brand and Communications team, you will be responsible for driving the B2C campaigns and marketing activities directed to the external audience, understanding the challenges of each market, and create tailored marketing strategy for each one. You will also be acting as a true brand guardian and ambassador, ensuring the global brand integrity of Bboxx brand. Your main audience will be B2C, but some support will be needed for B2B audience in markets. You will be the markets marketing expert and the main point of contact for marketing related matters for our markets.
About the Role
Your daily duties will include:
Be The marketing support and a real conductor for our 5 markets. Support the markets’ business objectives by putting in place a strategic marketing plan and tactical marketing activities.
Developing and implementing a results and sales-driven, integrated communications strategy and marketing plan in line with corporate and brand direction while reflecting market priorities.
Coordinating and executing the markets marketing and communications plan within agreed timeline and within budget. Be accountable for the day-to-day delivery on the programs plan and budget.
- Ensuring the markets marketing and communications strategy and plan is measurable and enables sales increase, or brand loyalty (depending pre-agreed KPIs and business goals).
- Developing relationships with key local media to secure and grow media coverage both online and offline.
- Collating and analyzing current communications and messages and ensuring consistency. Developing a tailored messaging ladder per market.
- Creating and managing all B2C marketing materials and collateral in line with brand direction. Briefing and working closely with the Group Designer to create the materials.
- Implementing online and offline marketing activities (social media, SEO/SEM, local website, demand generation, leads generation). Execute marketing and communication plans across business activity, including brand management, events management, editing, content development, internal communications, public relations, digital marketing, social media, company’s website and advertising.
- Ensuring a high brand awareness across the industry, the internal stakeholders and external audience in markets. Enhance Bboxx’s brand equity and building high brand valuation. Manage development and growth of the Bboxx brand through physical and digital channels and platforms.
- Identifying and engaging with key audiences, in each market, through the right blend of communications channels, generating the right business positioning and increasing the sales.
- Analyzing and tracking effectiveness of various campaigns and activities; and correcting as required
- Leading the planning and implementation of PR and initiatives related to the brand.
- Managing communications spend and working with vendors and agencies, to create and/or localize communications and marketing activities and develop supporting assets.
- Considerable work experience (minimum 8+ years), specifically experience in branding, trade marketing, digital marketing, and communications in a similar industry. Preferably in several countries in Africa.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills. Managing a project or campaign from A to Z.
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage cross-functional projects.
- A degree preferably in Marketing, Advertising and Communication or related field.
- Highly articulate individual with excellent written communications and presentation skills are essential.
- Ability to present and influence at senior levels within an organization.
- Proven success building brand awareness and growing sales for a corporate business.
- Demonstrate track record of excellence in managing global and integrated external and internal communications for a complex global organization.
- Demonstrable experience of planning, executing and delivering targeted marketing and advertising campaigns, including strategy, positioning, and messaging.
- Experience of optimizing communication channels and measuring performance.
- Extensive work experience in digital marketing and communications. B2B/B2C marketing, with experience in professional services or similar industries.
- Experience of managing external agencies and contractors.
- Ability to act as a brand ambassador with all stakeholders (employees, media, investors, governments, industry associations…)
- Proven ability to manage a brand and communications budget to deliver strategy.
- Ability to find pragmatic solutions, always seek improvements and be flexible.
- Ability to link communications activity to measurable business impact.
- Good at building and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proficiency in with the Adobe Creative Cloud, Microsoft Office, and research software.
- Up to date knowledge of the latest marketing trends in markets
- Creative flair and a good eye for detail
Please upload your CV and answer few questions via our online application platform: https://bboxx.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/4/home/requisition/1147?c=bboxx. Qualified candidates will be contacted with information regarding the next steps.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, so we encourage you to apply ASAP.
The deadline for applications is July 07th 2021.