Marketing & Communications Officer at Umurage Communication for Development, Kigali, Rwanda – CLOSE: 02/12/2022
Address: Kimironko, Bibare Inshuti
KG 38 st, No 2
P.O Box: 7369, Kigali
Tel. +250 783833556
Title : Marketing & Communications Officer
Reports To : Operations Director
Location : Kigali, Rwanda
Duration of the contract : 1year renewable with availability of funds
Umurage Communication for Development (UmC) is a locally-registered Rwandan organization headquartered in Kigali, Rwanda that specializes in developing behavior change communications programs for radio, TV, social media and print media. For that purpose, the Marketing & Communications Officer is responsible for the development and implementation of cohesive marketing strategies that grow audience share, funding, and advance UmC’s brand and mission. The Marketing & Communications Officer works closely with the Operations Director, and Creative Teams.
- Increase audience share and drive public demand for UmC entertainment
The Marketing and Communications Officer develops and implements promotional plans for UmC’s dramas and other activities, working closely with media outlets, UmC formative research, the UmC Operations Director, and UmC creative teams. He/She develops a timeline of activities that outline deliverables with clear objectives and budgets. He/She is responsible for implementation and evaluation of those deliverables.
- Drive demand and increase funding for UmC interventions on social and environmental issues
The Marketing and Communications Officer develops and grows relationships with current and prospective funders and partners, ranging from government entities to health facilities to UN agencies to NGOs, working closely with the Operations Director, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, and external entities. He/She is responsible for continually finding and creating multi-media stories of UmC’s impact, documenting impact on individual listeners’, partners (such as clinic attendance or attitudes of clients), and popular opinion.
- Manage the UmC brand to control how it’s perceived in the market
The Marketing and Communications Officer develops and advances UmC’s brand and mission by continually learning about UmC’s audiences, understanding how UmC is perceived in the market, and protecting the integrity of UmC’s products — by working with UmC staff internally to understand and articulate UmC and it’s value proposition, ensuring UmC’s marketing promises match deliverables, and ensuring visual and verbal consistency across all materials and presentations.
- In harmony with other strategic planning, develop and implement promotion plans for UmC’s dramas and other in-country activities; monitor and evaluate according to goals, timelines, and budget
- Oversee brand to ensure UmC’s image and value proposition across all materials and presentations
- Conceptualize and create dynamic messages, activities, and materials for a variety of audiences
- Develop and align marketing budgets in collaboration with financial assistant and Operations Director,
- Develop media contacts; write and distribute press releases; participate in interviews and speaking events; assist appropriate UmC personnel for speaking events.
- Ensure in-country team understands UmC’s brand, audiences, value proposition, and marketing and communication objectives and activities
- Track and categorize efforts; regularly send updates and materials to the Operations Director; Assist him to prepare reports on promotional activities to submit to government counterparts, donors and project partners, as needed
- Keep abreast of social and behavior change communications, international development, UmC’s social issues, and private and public funding sectors
- Keep abreast of advances in marketing and communications strategy and technology
- Work on issues extensions activities and coordinating experts and work with media outlets
- Lead public relations effort in Umurage Communication for Development.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism; Interpreteriat, Linguistics & Literature – French & English or marketing
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in the design, management, and implementation of marketing and communications strategy
- Strong organizational and personnel skills, and the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills
- Strong knowledge of graphic design preferred
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud and MS Office preferred
- Strong knowledge of website architecture and content strategy preferred
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, and experience with WordPress preferred
- Proficiency in English preferred
The application file containing the following application documents must be consolidated in one PDF file & submitted to the UmC Management no later than December 2, 2022, via the email: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Marketing and Communications Officer” in the subject line.
The application file must include:
- Motivation letter of one page maximum.
- Updated CV of 2 pages maximum which has 3 professional references, including current and previous direct supervisors with their full names, phone number and email address.
- Notarised academic degrees.
- Previous employment certification.
Shortlisting and interviews will be done on rolling basis until the position is filled. Only applicants fulfilling the above requirements will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within two weeks from the submission, consider your application unsuccessful
- Category : Management Jobs