Re-advertised: Materials Development Officers (2 Positions)
AKA is a registered National Non-Government Organization (NGO) operating under the Rwanda Governance Board (RGB) certificate No 66/RGB/NGO/2016. AKA’s mission is to provide youth with employability skills, access to capital and other support services to take advantage of economic opportunities. Currently, AKA is implementing multiple donor’s projects.
The Materials Development Officer will work under AKA Material Development Coordinator to undertake tasks related to Materials development. S/he will work with AKA technical team and partner staff to write/adapt scripts in English.
Essential functions include [but not limited to]:
- Writing and adaptation of audio/ video scripts
- Provide feedback on project activities delivery and constraints met;
- Explore other specialized trainings required by youth/students and other specific capacity building required for better improvement of youth livelihoods;
- Work closely with communication person to document success stories throughout the project Implementation;
- Participate in development or adaptation of curricula.
- Assist in M&E tools administration and data collection if required;
- Assist in preparation and deliver of youth training;
- Assist in preparing consolidated project progress reports
- Carry out any other task as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Excellent language and writing skills (English).
- Creativity and imagination to come up with a scenario, an idea.
- Flexible to cope with ideas from the team to improve, review/rewrite scripts
- Time-management and organizational skills to meet deadlines.
- Typing skills to word process scripts
- Solid experience with script writing in English
- Creative mind and storytelling/writing skills
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in social studies and literature from a recognized university
- Strong communication skills in English;
How to apply: Interested candidates should submit their application (cover letter motivating why you are the best candidate, one page maximum + CV with 3 references) not later than 30th June, 2021 at email@example.com with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org and specify in subject line: Application to the position of : Materials Development Officer. Only soft copies are accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.