Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning ( MEL) Specialist
Closing Date:07 Jul 2021
About the role
The Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Specialist is expected to support the efficient and effective implementation of programme MEL strategy. The incumbent will be mainly responsible for programme monitoring but also contributing to programme evaluation, learning and knowledge management as well as database management. She/he will primarily work with the MEL team and as required with Programme technical and management staff.
Programme Monitoring (40%)
- Contribute to the development of programme monitoring tools for programme intervention as per programme output indicators,
- Lead the collection of programmes monitoring data,
- Draft monthly programme monitoring reports and avail quarterly summarized monitoring data.
- Ensure data quality and integrity by periodically conducting field visits (data quality assurance exercises) and spot checks to verify data reported by field team and investigate any data anomalies.
- Support in training of field staff on use of monitoring tools.
Database Management (30%)
- Design and share databases and spreadsheets as well as formats for reporting programme M&E information.
- Keep the programme database updated timely by recording all data of participants who attend different programme activities/ orientations.
- Lead the digitization of programme monitoring and evaluation tools.
- Trouble shoot any issue on digitized monitoring tools used by programme staff.
- Ensure quality assurance, proper management and security of data collected, stored, or archived
Programme Evaluation and Research (20%)
- Contribute to the development of evaluation and research tools.
- Support the collection of programme evaluation and research data.
- Support the training of enumerators recruited for programme evaluation and research activities.
- Oversee evaluation and research fields activities.
- Support the data cleaning and analysis and reports writing.
Learning and Knowledge Management (10%)
- Contribute to the implementation of programme learning activities,
- Ensure effective process of collecting and disseminating lessons learnt from programme monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Draft communication materials including dashboards and infographics necessary to disseminate programme monitoring and evaluation findings.
- Support the development and implementation of programme knowledge management processes.
- Support proper documentation of MEL related information.
- Present in relevant meetings for programme M&E information needed for decision making and progress review purposes.
- Master’s Degree in Statistics; Education, Information Management, Monitoring and Evaluation or any other related field of study.
- A minimum of 10 years of similar work experience is required.
- Experience on M&E monitoring of education programmes would be an added advantage.
- Experience in data collection, statistical analysis for both quantitative and qualitative research
- Experience in designing survey and research tools and implementation of large-scale assessment needed.
- Experience in the training and mentoring of staff in monitoring and evaluation is required.
- Experience with donor (mainly UKAID) funded projects will be an added advantage.
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills are required.
- High degree of computer literacy and word processing and spreadsheet/Excel skills.
- Experience with statistical packages (e.g., SPSS, STATA Atlas.ti or NVivo) and familiarity with IT applications to support MEAL, visualization and information management.
- Ability to work under pressure, ability to prioritize and commitment to meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team.
Education Development Trust and its consortium partners are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Education Development Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women are encouraged to apply.
About the organisation
Building Learning Foundations (BLF) is a programme funded by the UK government which aims to improve the quality of teaching and leadership in Rwanda’s primary schools. The objective of BLF is to improve English literacy and Mathematics in grades P1-P5, ensuring that children have the required foundational skills to make successful progress through the system. BLF focuses on building the capacity of teachers, enhancing school leadership, strengthening the country’s education system and improving education for children with special educational needs. This project is delivered by a consortium consisting of Education Development Trust, the consortium lead, VSO and British Council.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send an application letter plus updated Curriculum Vitae in English, including 3 names of professional referees through: https://careers.educationdevelopmenttrust.com/vacancies/1260/monitoring-evaluation–learning–mel-specialist.html
The deadline: July /07/ 2021