Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Officer at Legal Aid Forum(LAF) Kigali,Rwanda – CLOSE:15/10/2021
RECRUITMENT NOTICE No LAF0021
In order to effectively accomplish its mission and vision, the Legal Aid Forum is accepting applications on a rolling basis from qualified and skilled individuals to fill the following vacant positions within its Secretariat.
Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Officer
- A University degree in relevant fields such as human rights, project management, anthropology, sociology education, etc;
- 5 years professional experience working as MEL preferable in the areas of access to justice, rule of law, and human rights;
- Experience working with NGOs;
- Substantial experience in Results-Based Management and the theory of change;
- Fluent English or French, with a strong working knowledge of English and able to write reports in English;
- Proficiency in the use of computer and IT tools
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Advise LAF Secretariat and Members on issues related to Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning;
- Collect data on legal aid services among members and from other legal service providers, analyze them and compile reports;
- Setting up a MEL system and ensuring that it is implemented effectively by LAF;
- Guide the overall M&E strategy and its implementation within LAF;
- Field visits of LAF projects and initiatives and report to the Program Manager as appropriate;
- Analysis of the implications of M&E data on LAF activities;
- Organizing workshops on “lessons learned” for LAF Members;
- Develop capacity building plans on M&E for LAF Members;
- Organize (and where applicable provide) refresher training in M&E for LAF Members;
- Training and involving LAF Members in the M&E activities to promote participatory planning, especially those implementing “Legal Aid Civil Society Fund” (LACSF);
- Oversee the function of the LACSF, in conjunction with the Program Manager;
- Participate in feedback sessions organized by LAF Secretariat to member organizations implementing projects;
- Assist in projects design and formulation as well as in fundraising initiatives.
Interested Candidates should send a CV, 2 references, a letter of motivation, a copy of the degree(s), and relevant Certificate(s) to LAF offices addressed to the Executive Director: P.O.Box 5225 at Kimihurura, KN 14 AV, KG 668 ST electronically to email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The deadline: 15th October 2021
Done at Kigali, on 14 September 20121