Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute (Swiss TPH), Basel, Switzerland
National expert in Instructional Design/Adult Education
Position based in Kigali, 2 years contract
Expected starting date 1 October 2021
In the framework of preparing a project to support the Regional Centre of Excellence for Vaccines, Immunization and Health Supply Chain Management (RCE – VIHSCM) in Kigali, with the East African Community (EAC) and the University of Rwanda (UR), Swiss TPH is recruiting a national/regional expert. In 2016, the EAC and its partners inaugurated the EAC Regional Centre of Excellence (RCE) for Vaccines, Immunization and Health Supply Chain Management (VIHSCM) at the University of Rwanda in Kigali. The RCE’s mission is to contribute to solving existing performance challenges of the health supply chain management (VIHSCM) systems in the EAC region through the generation of knowledge and its translation into practice and policy. The major delivery mode is through training and research. The training includes short-term, mid-term trainings and a master’s degree course, all targeting employed persons in key public positions of VIHSCM (in-service-training) in the region.
- The RCE intends to increase its offer in e-learning by creating online- courses for the master programs and for other short-term trainings. In addition, RCE is striving to become a knowledge hub for digitalized supply chain management by doing research on the different system in the market and providing respective advice to heath administrations. The consultant shall support RCE in both respects:
- Designing online training programs by integrating/using different formats
- Developing an e-learning offer by translating content/curricula into digital modules
- Support RCE with setting up online performance tests for self-examination and examination
- Production of digital modules
- Selecting systems, software and media for an e-learning platform
- Support RCE in setting up a research project on digital supply chain management systems.
- Train RCE staff and scholars on digitalized supply chain management systems
Knowledge, experience, skills and attitudes required
- Master’s degree (or higher) in instructional design, learning science, educational technology or a related field, plus two years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficient command of the English language in written and oral form
- Knowledge of national languages is an asset.
- Demonstrated technology skills (Learning Management Systems, synchronous learning tools (Zoom, MS Teams, Webex, etc.), rapid eLearning tools (Adobe Creative Suite, Articulate Storyline, etc.)
- Having specific experience in in Rwanda and its Public Health institutions is a strong asset.
- Having proven relevant experience in same domains within an international organization is an asset.
- Motivation, proactivity and willingness to learn is a strong asset.
- Proven writing skills, capacity and efficiency.
- Ability to work in a team with professionals from different backgrounds.
- Good interpersonal skills and flexibility.
- CV, cover letter and photocopies of relevant diplomas and certificates in electronic form. Hard legalized copies may be required later.
An initial local contract of two years will be offered. An extension is desirable, depending on a performance evaluation. Please note that this is a national position.
In case of interest, please send your CV (maximum 3 pages) together with 2 references, a cover letter including salary expectations and earliest availability in English by 14 July 2021 at the following email address: email@example.com using email header “Instructional Design/Adult Education expert Rwanda”
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
ATTACHMENT:National expert in Instructional DesignAdult Education At The Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute, Kigali-Rwanda - CLOSE 14072021