Preschool Director Job opportunity
School: Open Minds Academy
Vacancy title: Nursery School Director
Type of contract: Full Time
Category: Teachers & Education
Deadline of this Job: June 25th, 2021
Description of duties in and responsibilities of Pre-school Director
The Nursery school director will be in charge of handling the day-to-day operations and administration of the school, from supervising teachers, developing program plans, or preparing budgets, preschool directors will balance various responsibilities to make sure that the school schools run smoothly.
- Overseeing teachers and classroom activities
- Hiring and training staff and teachers
- Organizing professional development activities
- Developing policies and procedures that meet state requirements and communicating them to staff and teachers
- Managing and preparing budgets
- Creating curricula and standards that support educational excellence
- Working with staff to communicate with parents and students
- Discussing student progress with parents
- Coordinating the maintenance and cleaning of the facility according to state and local standards
- Managing all aspects of a preschool, from keeping student-to-teacher ratios appropriate to ensuring the excellence of the curriculum and organizing student enrollment.
Fundamental Skills for Preschool Director
- Preschool director will need to collaborate and coordinate with many people as well as effectively convey information to teachers, staff, parents, and children.
- Active Listening. Excellent communicator and actively listener to teachers and parents need to feel a preschool director truly hears what they’re saying.
- Preschool director will deal with a vulnerable population, parents and students may be particularly sensitive as they begin their journey into the new experience of school. As such, preschool director should be able to demonstrate compassion and concern.
- Critical Thinking. Making effective decisions about the various academic and business components of a preschool calls for excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Interpersonal Relations preschool director will need to develop relationships with teachers, parents, and children. This requires the ability to build trust and a sense of partnership with others.
- Schools are busy places with many moving parts. Preschool director will need to keep excellent records about children and teachers. They also need to be able to multitask, giving attention to several people and situations at once.
- Problem-Solving.Managing an entire school inevitably means addressing problems, which might involve the budget, concerns from parents, or issues with teachers. Preschool directors need to approach problems thoughtfully and with a level head to find effective solutions.
.Candidate Qualifications for the preschool Director
- Preference is given to Rwandan National
- Ability to work independently, self-organized, have initiative, fulfill commitments and meet deadlines.
- The candidate must have enough experience in Montessori pedagogical approach
- Must hold a bachelor degree Education/Early childhood development or related field
- At least 5 years as Head teacher.
- Must have the ability to lead the process of starting a nursery school in Rwanda
- Be familiar with MONTESSORY pedagogical approach
- Excellent command of French and English orally,
- Loving children, real motivation to work with small children,
- Sense of organization, patience and availability,
The application file including a cover letter, an updated CV, copy of the diplomas as well as other certificates can be sent through email at firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to email@example.com before June 25th, 2021 at 5:00 pm. For more information or clarifications, please call 0788643162