One Health Intern at University of Global Health Equity (UGHE), Kigali, Rwanda – CLOSE: 14/10/2022
One Health Intern
The University of Global Health Equity (UGHE) is a new kind of university focused on training the next generation of global leaders in health care delivery. The university launched in Rwanda in September 2015 with its flagship degree program: the Master of Science in Global Health Delivery. Through an academic experience uniquely rooted in the values of equity, students are empowered to both ease suffering at the bedside and drive transformational, systemic changes to the health system.
UGHE is an initiative of Partners In Health (PIH), an internationally recognized non-profit organization whose mission is to provide a preferential option for the poor in health care. In over nearly three decades of operating alongside public sectors in countries around the world, PIH has developed a model to deliver high quality health care to some of the world’s most marginalized communities. Nowhere has this impact been more profound than in Rwanda, where Inshuti Mu Buzima—PIH’s sister organization—and our government partners have driven innovation for a decade.
Position Title: One Health Intern
Reports to: Chair, Center for One Health
Group/Department: University of Global Health Equity (UGHE)
Location: Kigali & Butaro, Rwanda
Details: part-time, 6 months (with the possibility of renewal)
The Center for One Health at the University of Global Health Equity (UGHE) has a growing research and training program. The primary role of the One Health Intern will be to provide support to One Health communication and outreach efforts including research dissemination, video creation and the development of promotional and educational materials. They will be a key member of the Center for One Health team and will serve as a focal point for all matters related to One Health communications. The ideal candidate for this position is highly self-motivated, creative, and passionate about One Health with a superior attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Support One Health communication efforts
- Lead the development and dissemination of One Health videos including animated and live action
- Develop promotional and educational materials
- Support the translation and dissemination of One Health research
- Perform additional duties as required
- MGHD in One Health
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Fluency in English and Kinyarwanda required
- 2-3 years demonstrated work experience
- Proven skills to organize and execute logistics
- Experience working in Rwanda or in other relevant contexts
- Ability to manage and prioritize projects with high attention to detail
- Exemplary interpersonal skills: ability to effectively collaborate with culturally diverse staff across departments and countries
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and analytical skills, good judgment, and creative problem-solving
- Fluency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Drive
UGHE is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Commitment to Safeguarding and Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Sexual Harassment:
At UGHE, we are committed to ensuring that those who benefit from our work- including community members – as well as our students, contractors, staff and visitors to our campus are treated with dignity and respect and protected from sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment and any form of systemic abuse, whilst reducing risk and vulnerabilities. A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with UGHE’s policy. UGHE will request information from applicants’ previous employers about any findings of fraud, harassment, sexual harassment and any form of systemic abuse or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms their understanding of these recruitment procedures.
All qualified candidates should submit their applications by using the” Apply for this job” button below by the 14th October 2022.
How to Apply
To apply for this job in Rwanda, please click on the Apply here button bellow
- Category : Health & Medical Jobs