Program Accountant at Never Again Rwanda(NAR) Kigali.Rwanda – CLOSE:30/09/2021
With the support from USAID Rwanda, Never Again Rwanda will be implementing a citizen participation Program “Dufatanye Kwiyubakira Igihugu” (DKI). It is a three-year intervention targeting 8 districts (5 sectors per district) of Huye, Nyanza, Kayonza, Nyagatare, Ngororero, Rusizi, Musanze, and Burera. The program intends to build upon previous and current work led by Never Again Rwanda on policy engagement and building the capacity of its partners to interact effectively with the government, private sector, media, and the public, at both National and local levels. In order to oversee the delivery of its implementation effectively, NAR is recruiting for the following positions.
PROGRAM ACCOUNTANT – NEVER AGAIN RWANDA
Terms of reference for recruiting Program Accountant
Position: Program Accountant
- Bachelor’s in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or a related field
- Level 2 holder of a Professional qualification as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or ACCA qualification. Full qualification would be an added advantage
- A Master’s degree in business administration (MBA) would be an added advantage
- At least with 3 years Experience working with NGO’s
- Solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures
- Detail-oriented: attention to detail for tasks with zero tolerance for errors and proactiveness to probe further into data
- Deadline-orientated with strong organizational and time management skills. The ability to prioritize and stick to time constraints is critical
- Ability to work independently while maintaining the highest standards of integrity and professionalism
- Excellent command of both oral and written English is essential
- Ability to learn quickly and manage workload in a cooperative and demanding environment
- Demonstrable in-depth working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with Government of Rwanda taxation, employment policies
- Expected to maintain the highest level of confidentiality and integrity and conduct yourself in a manner that is beyond reproach at all times
- Support design and formulation of the program within the area of responsibility, translating priorities into local interventions
- Assisting in project management in the initial preparation of budgets
- Monitor budgets and expenditures, timely review of cash positions of donor funds
- Prepare documentation needed to request funds from donors
- Prepare budget revisions
- Determine unutilized funds
- Assist with the implementation of Financial software
- Maintaining proper books of accounting
- Prepare monthly bank and petty cash reconciliations.
- Manage petty cash
- Responsible for vendor maintenance in the finance System ensuring compliance to systems
- Prepares and processes purchase orders, invoices, cheque requests, and contract payments
- Ensure that purchase orders, receiving and invoices are matched
- Maintain a payables aging report
- Provide guidance regarding purchasing and account payable to the employees
- Responsible for providing inventory reports on a regular basis
- Prepare monthly management accounts and annual financial statements and other reports as required by the Finance Management team
- Maintain an updated fixed asset register always reconciled with the Accounting software.
- Assist in the budget process where appropriate
Interested candidates should send a motivational letter, a curriculum vitae with 2 references, a copy of degrees, and other relevant certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline is 30th September 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications from women candidates are strongly encouraged.